Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Common rattle area's

S

Staff 2

First posted by Drmanhattan

I keep getting a rattling/light knocking noise which I can't locate, though it seems to be coming from the near side (passenger's side) somewhere in the living area. I can't be more specific than 'somewhere', hence this post, but does anyone have a list of common areas prone to rattles (as well as the less common spots.)
It may be as simple as something in the cupboards/drawer which is causing the rattle, but I'll re-post to let people know how I got on if I solve this.

First posted by andy

I had a rattle from living are in my cali once, found the kitchen table was not locked in properly.

First posted by John

Hi drmanhattan can you determine type of rattle is it a metal sounding rattle

Is it in the rear by the kitchen units as the draw is a common cause as are the cupboard shelves. A lot of people line the top of these with Ikea Grey draw liner.

Failing this try the awning winding handle clipped in the rear under seat draw. Also this under seat draw can cause rattles so is worth lining.

First posted by wingate

We put tea towels in the drawers and the wife has made tea towel bags to put the kettle, pots etc. Things are wedged together well. ONLY THE TABLE RATTLES IF I DON'T CLIP IT IN FIRMLY.

Have you got an awning?mine rattles a little bit if not fully wound in.

Back