Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Commercial Vehicle Show + NEC

Rich20

Rich20

Living the dream
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
image.jpg image.jpg VW commercial we very busy at the CV show today. Huge display with lots of sofas and support staff welcoming us to their "home". Free coffee and biscuits and time for a comfy sit down. Transporter panel van and Generation 6 Caravelle but no California.

image.jpg

The Cali isn't a Commercial Vehicle in their terms. It is a leisure vehicle and doesn't fit into any profile VWUK have.
They don't even get any dealers to show at the two big NEC shows we have.

A poor relation.

Alan

VWCV UK have not been at CVS since 2011 and made a big thing this year - maybe a need to not rely on brand loyalty in wake of emissiongate? And audience /attendees of the CVS is certainly not the leisure market!
I have talked with VW several times in past about not being at big NEC event with a Cali...but basically the Cali sells itself (or has till now and this seems still the case with T6) .. but maybe this year they'll came back with a full on blow away the competitors Beach/Cali/Caddy set up like VW Hanover put on at Dusseldorf etc

It may not be a commercial vehicle, but there are usually one or two quirky eye catching non-commercial vehicles at the show, so why not a Cali? I'm sure there would be plenty of interest and they might even increase their sales?!

It may not be a commercial vehicle, but there are usually one or two quirky eye catching non-commercial vehicles at the show, so why not a Cali? I'm sure there would be plenty of interest and they might even increase their sales?!
Would you want them to increase their sales? They seem to be heading for a 9 month delivery schedule as it is.:confused:

Would you want them to increase their sales? They seem to be heading for a 9 month delivery schedule as it is.:confused:
Perhaps if they did put their heart and soul into the Cali, the sales people would know what they were selling, the vehicle might be treated respectfully but all technicians when being serviced and the R&D team might source decent materials to construct it with.

Back