Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort Mattress Problem

T

Terrysamw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone able to explain or know of video on how to fold the mattress. I fear i am going to break the zip. Could not find anything on internet.

Thanks

Are you talking about the VW Comfort mattress? If so it just concertinas together.

Hope this makes sense. Always fold this way: upload_2017-3-8_12-18-27.png

Never this way. You can see the problem with the pressure being put on the zip or seams in this example. upload_2017-3-8_12-20-55.png

It concertinas so far but not the end bit near the boot. Here the mattress has a small double bit to level the bed extension onto the flatened bench.

I have found a way but it is not straight forward and the mattress cant just be un-concertinered to form the bed.

Very frustrating as it should nt be complicated. The mattress came in two pieces from new which suvgests the people who made it could not figure it out either!

My end part near the boot is always loose from the doublepart as well. It seems there is nothing to connect the two parts.

Did anyone take any pictures or record any videos of this? I have a mattress that came with my Beach and I assume it's the 'comfort' one but it's also in two pieces but does have some extra zips so can possibly join them together.

I think California Chris at the Liverpool Van Centre did a short video about setting up the downstairs bed in the seven seater Beach. It shows the Comfort mattress being unfolded and used in the various bed layouts.

It would be great if someone could share the link to that video! cheers
There is a link in the Download Section to ALL California Chris's videos.

Thanks... checked all the downloads and videos on youtube channel etc... couldn't any showing the comfort mattress being unfolded.

I was more so interested to see how it was stored i.e. which piece on top etc and whilst not clear since it was in the packaging I did see this so cheers for the link.

678az6.jpg