Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

comfort dash

T

T5beach64

Vehicle
T5 Beach
hi everybody I am just about to order a beach with comfort dash is it worth the 1100 pounds extra does anybody have it whats your thoughts thanks ?

Yes. Don't forget that it also includes the 3 zone digital climatronic.

However, you must also have the 6" media for another £400.

So its impossible to get the comfort dash for £1100.

Well do you like it?
as you will be behind the dash for an awful lot of hours and while the majority of the dash is just looked at it provides plenty of time to reflect on what might have been if you don't choose it but actually prefer it.
Plus @2haw post means it's a £1500 upgrade with 2 clear advantages.

Yes. Don't forget that it also includes the 3 zone digital climatronic.

However, you must also have the 6" media for another £400.

So its impossible to get the comfort dash for £1100.
comp media I think is 375 so yes 1500ish

Well do you like it?
as you will be behind the dash for an awful lot of hours and while the majority of the dash is just looked at it provides plenty of time to reflect on what might have been if you don't choose it but actually prefer it.
Plus @2haw post means it's a £1500 upgrade with 2 clear advantages.
yeh ill stop been a cheepskate

it provides plenty of time to reflect on
It is certainly a very reflective dust showroom. It may help the sound proofing from the engine compartment but unless you would have specifed 3 zone Climate anyway, I'd spend the money on beer.

Hello, it looks nice but really not worth £1500 when you factor in the radio needed to upgrade. I asked the exact same question a few months ago and @Amarillo made a great point, you loose 3 storage compartments with the comfort dash comoared to the 'uncomry' dash. There are alot more better options to spend your cash on. :thumb

Before considering the comfort dash, you need to ask yourself two questions.

1) Do you want the 3 zone Climate with digital read-outs, nicer heater switchgear and separate controls for your passengers in the rear? If yes then you need Climatronic at approx £800.

2) Do you want App connect? If yes then you must have the 6" media system, at approx £450.

If you answer yes to both the above then the cost is NOT £1500 for the comfort dash. The cost for the comfort dash portion only is approx £500.

To me, well worth the £500 for a lot nicer appearance. May not be quite as practical but it is nicer to sit behind.

1) Do you want the 3 zone Climate with digital read-outs, nicer heater switchgear and separate controls for your passengers in the rear? If yes then you need Climatronic at approx £800.

2) Do you want App connect? If yes then you must have the 6" media system, at approx £450.

If you answer yes to both the above then the cost is NOT £1500 for the comfort dash. The cost for the comfort dash portion only is approx £500.

To me, well worth the £500 for a lot nicer appearance. May not be quite as practical but it is nicer to sit behind.
Am I right in thinking the comfort dash also includes soft touch vinyl/cloth covered door cards too?

Its a bit of a con by vw, you have to upgrade the radio for £450 and then add £162 for app connect. There are so many better options to have. Its also a beach exclusive dash and makes it unique from Ocean dashes ;-)

So the soft (comfort) door cards must be T6 Ocean specific then.

Its a bit of a con by vw, you have to upgrade the radio for £450 and then add £162 for app connect. There are so many better options to have. Its also a beach exclusive dash and makes it unique from Ocean dashes ;-)

So, is the Comfort Dash not available in the Ocean ?

So, is the Comfort Dash not available in the Ocean ?
The dash on the ocean is the ''comfort dash!" . The option shouod say Ocean dash, not 'comfy' dash! Its a cleaver marketinf word from VW to get more money from beach buyers. Keep your unique beach dash ;-)

The dash on the ocean is the ''comfort dash!" . The option shouod say Ocean dash, not 'comfy' dash! Its a cleaver marketinf word from VW to get more money from beach buyers. Keep your unique beach dash ;-)

I thought the Ocean could also be had without the Comfort Dash ?

Even if the comfort dash were a zero cost option, I think I'd still go for the uncomfortable version.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
The fascinated folk who enthuse over the Cali are always impressed at the look at the dash, it could be from an upmarket car rather than a basic van, some of course value open storage holes and hard plastic.

Don't tell anyone but someone I know uses the Comfort dash to store GPS's, phones, wallets, passports etc out of the way. The opportunity makes the thief. If "this man" that I know didn't have had the comfort dash all valuable items would be visible and his family would be very "uncomfortable" returning to the van with smashed windows :)

The fascinated folk who enthuse over the Cali are always impressed at the look at the dash, it could be from an upmarket car rather than a basic van, some of course value open storage holes and hard plastic.
Hard plastics are used on all commercial vehicle for a reason so its not a bad thing at all. There designed to last as long as possible with minimal maintenance, scratch resistantance, dont rip, easy to clean, pratical, hard wearing and extemeley long lasting.

I much prefer the digital heating controls that come with the 3 zone, and I don't think I've seen a picture of the climatronic with the standard dash, has anybody seen / got a picture of this combination?

Don't tell anyone but someone I know uses the Comfort dash to store GPS's, phones, wallets, passports etc out of the way. The opportunity makes the thief. If "this man" that I know didn't have had the comfort dash all valuable items would be visible and his family would be very "uncomfortable" returning to the van with smashed windows :)
Seems a silly aruement that if you dont have the comfy dash you going to get robbed of all your belongings :stop You could say if anything, having nothing left in the doorless unconfy dash compartmets might put thieves off as theres nothing to take and they might ask themselves "wonder whats in them lovely shiny locked compartments?"and smash your windows and rip open your compartment and take your wallet, gps etc and that would make you very uncomfortable with your comfortable dash wouldnt it ;)

Some prefer the Comfort Dash, others prefer the rugged commercial hard plastic and cubby holes, neither is better than the other, just individual preferences. Live and let live eh and enjoy whatever you choose.

Hard plastics are used on all commercial vehicle for a reason so its not a bad thing at all. There designed to last as long as possible with minimal maintenance, scratch resistantance, dont rip, easy to clean, pratical, hard wearing and extemeley long lasting.
Hard plastic is used cos it is much cheaper to produce/fit and can withstand better the abuse it normally receives in "challenging" work situations. They also don't fit floor carpets or leather covers on the steering wheel etc.for the same reasons.

Back