Christmas Cali plans

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
With Christmas approaching fast is anyone planning anything special in their Cali, over the holidays. We can never get away at Christmas due to NHS shift patterns this year the wife has pulled the late shift on Christmas day so I will find a spot on the coast near home to plug some lights in, in the van and watch the sea for a few hours down near Titchfield Haven. The best thing about a campervan is it is a home from home 365 days a year,

Sounds ideal to me meoncoast , will be able to do the same next year when we have our new T6. We live 5 mins from stokes bay

Here at Alcoutim Portugal with my Vespa.

Cali in Plymouth awaiting Engine issues repair. Hopefully fully repaired and ready for May...MotoGP Le Mans...Barcelona F1 GP...Portugal WRC...on way to Alcoutim.

for the second year running we're going away for a few nights over Christmas to Cornwall.
Last year it was Looe, this year we're heading down to St.Ives, staying at Ayr campsite.
We love it there, nice toilet/shower facilities and right in the town so close to all the eateries.

Will be our first chance to try out the new roof canvas since our corrosion fix so it'll probably pour down and get the bedding wet!:(

With Christmas approaching fast is anyone planning anything special in their Cali, over the holidays. We can never get away at Christmas due to NHS shift patterns this year the wife has pulled the late shift on Christmas day so I will find a spot on the coast near home to plug some lights in, in the van and watch the sea for a few hours down near Titchfield Haven. The best thing about a campervan is it is a home from home 365 days a year,
This is to be our first Christmas with our lovely new Cali. As pure luck would have it, this will also be our first Christmas day in forty one years of marriage which we are to be left to our own devices. Quite a novelty. If we can make it to the big day without that situation changing we are planning to have one of the finest Bah Humbug celebrations known to mankind.
After finding a remote and picturesque spot we will pop the roof and turn the heater on. The rest of the day will consist of a pleasant walk in the countryside followed by a much scaled down version of the usual yuletide gluttony. Afterwards a post prandial snooze closely imitating beached whales and all executed without even a hint of tinsel, glitter, dying pine trees avec tacky lights, presents or that feeling you get when you enter the kitchen and realise you have got to wash up every pot, pan and crock you own.
Complete bliss.
P.s Christmas returns with vengeance on Boxing day with everyone coming round to restore normality.

Last edited:
Let's see.

Got my Cali in March 10.....First of the T5.1s

First Xmas...Plymouth for my Sons Wedding. Knowing I needed to escape., I did 3 weeks later.

Second Xmas...Greek Pelonpenese Cali Parked...Entertained on board a Dutch Survey Ship that had just got back from Libya...OMG the Steaks on the BBQ.

Third Xmas...Parked on a campsite near Padstow wondering what the hell I was doing there, after 15 months and 22 countries.

Fourth Xmas...Cali parked in my office garage while trying to secure my sons commercial futures...great but what about ME.

Fifth Xmas...Here at my alternative home in Alcoutim Portugal.

This Xmas...Here at what I now know is my home at Alcoutim Portugal. Praying the Strudel Van is fully repaired for us to continue our adventures in 2016.

Would love a T6...but as the Strudel has taken me through SO many countries (22 and counting) we can't bear the thought of parting....

Travel to Crystal Palace CC site in London on the 23rd. Xmas Eve - National Opera Covent Garden. Xmas Day - CTC social bike ride from Greenwich to Edgware Road through Central London, about a 100 turn up, and lunch in Edgware Road as all the restaurants are open, fancy a Lebanese. Boxing Day - Central London for The Kinks musical Sunny Afternoon and then finally on the Sunday Afternoon Tea with my son, his fiancée and prospective parents-in-law. Then home on the Monday, via Bristol and our grand-daughter.

Bordeaux - Barcelona - Malaga - Morocco - Western Sahara. The last one on this list is going to be tricky

nope! Really looking forward to it tho :)

Edit: I see you have! tell me everything I need to know

in fact, start a thread on North african excursions?

Last edited:
ah yeah, I'd been toying with the idea last year but that thread was what swung it for me - thanks!

Travelong to Spain to meet the family. Pamplona (my half's hometown) at the north and Zafra, Extremadura at the south (my hometown).

Probably some trip somewere in the country (Likely some beaches) and, if the weather allows it, some skii in Pirineos.

Travel to Crystal Palace CC site in London on the 23rd. Xmas Eve - National Opera Covent Garden. Xmas Day - CTC social bike ride from Greenwich to Edgware Road through Central London, about a 100 turn up, and lunch in Edgware Road as all the restaurants are open, fancy a Lebanese. Boxing Day - Central London for The Kinks musical Sunny Afternoon and then finally on the Sunday Afternoon Tea with my son, his fiancée and prospective parents-in-law. Then home on the Monday, via Bristol and our grand-daughter.
Goodness me, that's quite an itinerary!
Have fun

Back