Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chrissy dinner in a Cali!

Sorry, being picky, but why does he take out the folding chairs when they use wooden ones?
Also, 2 adults and 3 kids in an Ocean. How did they travel there when it’s only a 4 seater?

Nice video though.

Sorry, being picky, but why does he take out the folding chairs when they use wooden ones?
Also, 2 adults and 3 kids in an Ocean. How did they travel there when it’s only a 4 seater?

Nice video though.
Don't forget all the supporting crew vans and possibly the transporter in which they were transported to the location

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice video though.
Simple , the wooden chairs are more comfy , i would use those if availeble....
Kids are brought in a other verhicle at crimescene....traveling is way more fun without kids in rear....
:D

One needs to see beyond all those bloopers and look at the real message....
A California is the best christmasgift of all time !

Last edited:
Nice video but if only it was like that in reality. Van full of kids stuff moving it from one place to another!

Nice video though.
The folding chairs broke as usual and the extra kid just turned up like they always do when you're camping.

Actually about three years ago we did have Christmas dinner in our Cali or at least hors d'oeuvres. It was the first time in 42 years of marriage that it was just the two of us on Christmas day. It was utter bliss!

We had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast at home then went out in our Cali leaving the beef to roast slowly on a timed programme. We had this spread at midday, the main course back at home at around 4 in the afternoon, followed by pudding early evening and cheese and biscuits later on. All washed down with an adequate supply of liquid refreshment.
20191211_100058.jpg
The weather wasn't good with thick fog but we cared not a jot.

Showing the versatility of the Cali. We do this lots in the summer, wild camping in France and Spain. Many stupendous meals washed down with amazing views and the odd glass of wine. I long for that special feeling of setting off for the ferry, van packed, fully loaded and knowing you might have a plan but you change it and stay anywhere you like. Pulling in somewhere on the coast, cup of tea overlooking the ocean, amazing. They are amazing vehicles and are very easy to become attached to. They allow for a freedom that we rarely experience in our working lives.

I won’t be in the Cali, but will be using the Cobb I always have when camping, and smoking some Chicken marinaded in a new recipe at home... can also do a chicken so a small turkey may also be possible... but not tried it...

I won’t be in the Cali, but will be using the Cobb I always have when camping, and smoking some Chicken marinaded in a new recipe at home... can also do a chicken so a small turkey may also be possible... but not tried it...
Yum yum.
Make sure those hounds are well tethered or you might well be having baked beans on toast instead. :thumb

Yum yum.
Make sure those hounds are well tethered or you might well be having baked beans on toast instead. :thumb
We did lose a whole broccoli on Christmas day 3 years ago when I was in NL for Ellie’s first mating. We never did work out if it was Gromit or Ellie (watching their ‘movements’)...

We did lose a whole broccoli on Christmas day 3 years ago when I was in NL for Ellie’s first mating. We never did work out if it was Gromit or Ellie (watching their ‘movements’)...
:Nailbiting Ooof, too much information!