Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Change of circumstances - advice please?

I cancelled an order last June, fully specs 4 motion Ascot grey, a forum member asked dealer to transfer order, , he could for about 7k more than my deal, so it can happen for a price..
Also I paid the deposit and the order had my name on paperwork, but the full balance payment and the registered owner would have been in my partners name, totally different, so they can change the name for first registered owner,, go for the Land and grew your own veg, then you can sell it to buy a new van, the cost of food is rising as much as the fuel

If it was development land in Ross you have got to be talking £250k plus plus. I think it’s was to extend the garden not to build another house or houses.

Agree. The land is thus only useful as a garden.

If it was me and I had the money to buy the van I would then sell it on. If you don’t the only one to gain will be VW. You may have got a good discount but guarantee the person who buys it if you let the order go will not get any discount at all. So you sell it on as brand new, one owner, zero miles for list price. There’s loads that will rip your arm off to get it.

I'm in architecture - I deal with planning applications all the time. May I suggest you look at the deeds for this lands to ensure no bye laws or covenants on it. If clear then go direct to your local authority planning dept and talk to them about it and what class it is and what use they will likely give permission for. What is it currently used for? If it is someone elses garden/end of plot has it got any planning restictions on it i.e. termed agricutural land, small holding as you may have to apply for change of use. Also look at it's planning history. Yeh a bit of a pain but in my 45 years experience do sum really deep background checks.

I've had one recently on a barn conversion - land was sold (supposedly) with the barn as garden as was access road from another farm. Farm has just been sold and it appears they still actually own the road and land never had change of use so there's actually a legal case going with HM Land Registry!!

I'd by van!!!!!! Why has land suddenly become available now and not previously?? Get it properly valued!!

I'm in architecture - I deal with planning applications all the time. May I suggest you look at the deeds for this lands to ensure no bye laws or covenants on it. If clear then go direct to your local authority planning dept and talk to them about it and what class it is and what use they will likely give permission for. What is it currently used for? If it is someone elses garden/end of plot has it got any planning restictions on it i.e. termed agricutural land, small holding as you may have to apply for change of use. Also look at it's planning history. Yeh a bit of a pain but in my 45 years experience do sum really deep background checks.

I've had one recently on a barn conversion - land was sold (supposedly) with the barn as garden as was access road from another farm. Farm has just been sold and it appears they still actually own the road and land never had change of use so there's actually a legal case going with HM Land Registry!!

I'd by van!!!!!! Why has land suddenly become available now and not previously?? Get it properly valued!!
I imagine the person selling the land has gone down the planning permission as development land and there’s absolutely no chance of getting it. If it’s a field next to your own house then it’s only worth what you are prepared to pay for it. There’s nothing been said about the size of the plot. Is it a 20 foot strip or 20 acres? Is there another property on the other side that my be interested?
So many factors but in the end only you know how badly you want it.

I imagine the person selling the land has gone down the planning permission as development land and there’s absolutely no chance of getting it. If it’s a field next to your own house then it’s only worth what you are prepared to pay for it. There’s nothing been said about the size of the plot. Is it a 20 foot strip or 20 acres? Is there another property on the other side that my be interested?
So many factors but in the end only you know how badly you want it.
I agree - seems odd it's just become available.

Don't cancel, take delivery, advertise at point of delivery, people will bite your arm off to purchase, at a profit to you.
Better still take a very long term loan for the extra finance required. With inflation going the way it appears it will go, how much will it cost to buy the land (if available), and/or the California in a few years time?
Children 6 and 3 years old perfect age children to have a California. If you cancel how old will they be before you will be able to fulfill your dream?
Now's the time to take a gamble, live a little bit dangerously, live the dream, and do both!

Anyone thinking of cancelling an existing factory order for a high spec Beach please let me know. Must haves include LEDs, Aux and rear heating, sat nav (I know!). Thank you.

Back