Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caveat Emptor.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have been reading a quite distressing thread on another forum today.

Someone stung in a scam. A rush of blood to the head, a bargain not to be missed, a leisure product that they had set their hearts on owning, 50% deposit paid over and now whistling in the wind.

Hindsight is wonderful. We can use all the "Naive" and "foolish" terms we want in describing this couple. The warning signs were all there and ignored, heart overruling common sense. However they were just an honest, hard working, well meaning couple who got taken in by a sophisticated and highly plausible scam web site.

I would hate to read such a thread in this forum.

Please, if you see something advertised, ask around. Ask for advice. Ask the members here that know. Members that know when a "bargain" is just too good to be true, that know when something just simply does not sound the real deal, that have done private transactions and know how to do it safely, that know the warning signs of a scam.

Sometimes it takes a brave move to ask those questions you feel may make you appear stupid, naive or daft, but ask them. We've all been there and none of us that I know on this forum will want to see anyone taken in.

Ditto Kev and thanks GJ.

Link? Details of said scam?

Makes me think of an old saying, no idea where it's from.

Ask a question and feel a fool for a minute, or fail to ask a question and be a fool for a lifetime.

Always better to ask.

Back