Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can you help with a fair asking price

Could anyone give me an indication what I could realistically expect to get for our much loved Cali. We expect to sell it at end of August or thereabouts.
We got it under a year ago expecting to use it for a few weeks a year and weekends. We enjoyed the lifestyle so much and being retired we want to do more. We do however want to move up to a motorhome as we are in it for months on end.
It is a 62 plate (sept 2012) 2.0 TDI 180bhp manual version
By end August expect about 14,000 miles (currently touring Ireland)
Metallic grey
Leather seats
Awning
Cruise control
Front &rear parking sensors
Privacy glass
Electric sliding rear door
Electric heated seats
Headlight wash
Safe
Mattress topper

Take a look in our for sale section this will give you an idea. bear in mind August is quite late in the season http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/for_sale_private.php. Don't forget we can advertise your Cali on here :thumb with over 2 1/2 million hits to our website a month it's a great place to sell
Having said all that I would say £40k would be about right :thumb

Thank you very much for that. We could sell earlier. We are in Inverness do you think that could be a difficulty. Is it still possible to sell after summer. Is there interest or does it fall away to nothing.

To be honest in my experience if the price is right it will sell whatever
The time of year last year we sold a lot of cali's last autumn :thumb

Hi HappyTramp, buy way of a yard stick we have just got a very similar van for £42,700, the differences in our favor are:

Slightly Newer 62 Plate - Jan 2013
Lower Miles (1500)
Purchased From VW Dealer - Ex Demo (although I didn't user dealer facilities such as Finance and Part X)
Comes with 2 services
DSG
5th Seat (which we were not looking for so is now sat in the garage)

In your favor you have leather seats and a matress topper, leather is quite a premium.

Other than that same colour and spec.

So it depends on what value you put on the dealer v's Private and the higher mileage. While DSG adds to the original price, it very much depends on personal preference. I would say Cali Kev is about right for a listing price.

On the location thing, when I was looking I was willing to travel, and if you are willing to pick up from airports and train stations that will help. As you are so far away it will be worth taking loads of photos so people can take a good look before they travel. Close up pictures of all the interior, all external panels, tyres, wheels etc.

If yours had been on the market when I was looking it would have made my choice quite hard :) I might have tried to beat you down a bit to £39k :D

Tony

We paid £37k for our 180 manual with very similar spec when It was 3 months old. It had 18" alloys, bike rack, dab and side bars but no leather. It was from a vw dealer so I am sure that increases the price a bit. Depends on the value of leather to the buyer and the local supply and demand. I would be tempted to list at £39K with a view to accept £36 to £37. Need to realize that if you hang out for too much you may end up keeping it over winter

Think I might have to pay for the first one first - call me in 5 years!!!!

I take it that it doesn't have the 5th seat option?

Hi there (Happytramp)

We are on the lookout for a cali, with the spec yours has.

Have you got some pictures, we are looking to per chase by the end of this month but defiantly by next month.

Mobile No 07890907023

Kitesurfer

Back