Camping near Montpellier or Beziers

• Thread starter californiawickens
  • Start date
C

californiawickens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, we are planning a trip in August this year with two children and will be driving through France/Spain. I'm having a real problem finding a campsite near Montpellier or Beziers area. Happy to go a few miles around for the right site. The issue is that they are either extremely expensive or having mixed/bad reviews. Ideally, we'd like a quiet site. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

If you are just wanting a stop over Camping les Berges du Canal in Villeneuve-les- Beziers was a good site, we arrived without booking after they were closed, the very friendly English lady that runs it let us in.
It has a bar/cafe at the entrance with tables overlooki
ng the Canal du midi.
They had live music on the night we stayed but it wasn't loud.
A couple of minutes walk into the lovely town.
There are lots of Campsites at Marseillan plage which are very busy in July.
We stayed early-mid July and I would advise you to book as the whole area gets very busy.
There are plenty of cheap hotels around Beziers if you are just wanting a quick stop en-route to Spain, again I would pre book.

We had a great stay at Camping Les Floralys near Narbonne. Friendly and quiet, family run. We stayed about a week in Easter a couple of years ago. Next to the canal so nice family bike trail.

Nice campsite in Capestang to the west of Beziers, cheap and cheerfull.

If you are just wanting a stop over Camping les Berges du Canal in Villeneuve-les- Beziers was a good site, we arrived without booking after they were closed, the very friendly English lady that runs it let us in.
It has a bar/cafe at the entrance with tables overlooki
ng the Canal du midi.
They had live music on the night we stayed but it wasn't loud.
A couple of minutes walk into the lovely town.
There are lots of Campsites at Marseillan plage which are very busy in July.
We stayed early-mid July and I would advise you to book as the whole area gets very busy.
There are plenty of cheap hotels around Beziers if you are just wanting a quick stop en-route to Spain, again I would pre book.
We have visited Villeneuve les Beziers several times, on each occasion eating beside the Canal du Midi at La Cremade, excellent hospitality, minutes from the recommended campsite. Regretfully we did'nt stay at the campsite but the village and it's location is super. Enjoy wherever you land, safe travels