Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Mode

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I'm going away overnight for the first time tomorrow in my 2021 T6.1 California Ocean. I've only had a converted Transporter before. I’ve read a few things about Camping Mode on here, but am confused.
Is there a correct way to activate it on the display? Does it work when not on hook up? What settings does everyone use? Sorry for all the questions and please be kind.

the camping mode ensures that the driving lights... do not turn on when you open the door.
You can find the camping mode on the display, where you can also check what should not be switched on.
Camping mode is switched off every time you switch on the ignition.

I'm going away overnight for the first time tomorrow in my 2021 T6.1 California Ocean. I've only had a converted Transporter before. I’ve read a few things about Camping Mode on here, but am confused.
Is there a correct way to activate it on the display? Does it work when not on hook up? What settings does everyone use? Sorry for all the questions and please be kind.
Go into the menu and hit "activate camping mode". A small image of a tent appears on the console. You don't need to be on EHU. If you're camping off EHU it still needs to work. Settings are individual - play with them and see what works for you.

Thank you all. So when Camping Mode is on and the boxes aren't ticked it means that if I need to pop to the toilet in the middle of the night no lights, inside or out, will come on?

Thank you all. So when Camping Mode is on and the boxes aren't ticked it means that if I need to pop to the toilet in the middle of the night no lights, inside or out, will come on?
Yes, and camping mode switches off when you start the engine. Not just when you switch on the ignition.

Yes.
First to do when you park the cali on campsite: activate camping mode
Second thing: raise the roof.

Back