Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping gas bottle

correct GAZ 907

Just thought I would add that Halfords have 20% OFF on the 907 bottle on top of in store discount makes the empty cylinder £19.19 - good price.

Brilliant I will go and have a look , thanks for the tip :) Dean

deanwynne said:
Brilliant I will go and have a look , thanks for the tip :) Dean

Dean,

You need to order on line to get the extra 20% - no payment required and you then collect from your local store.

Halfords does this a lot and you can get some really good prices on kit if you reserve on-line.

Regards

Brian

I have ordered mine just before van collection!!

Just my luck the local halfraurds ain't got one in stock ! But am still excited about hopefully getting my Cali this week ! Can't wait Dean

deanwynne said:
Just my luck the local halfraurds ain't got one in stock ! But am still excited about hopefully getting my Cali this week ! Can't wait Dean

Here's hoping! - I am aiming to get mine Sat!

i just picked another free full 907 gaz bottle with up from my local council waste recycle centre.. :thumb ;)

Is the gasbottle an option?
My 2013 Cali came with botlle and security valve .
Also i noticed that many of you don't have an hookup cable...my came also from new just like the matrasses above and below (folded in three... )
Buying al those thing afterwarts is a hell of a xtra cost!

If anyone is near me (Ipswich) I can fill 907 bottles for £15. Obviously post is not an option! PM me if interested.

hotel california T5 said:
Is the gasbottle an option?
My 2013 Cali came with botlle and security valve .
Also i noticed that many of you don't have an hookup cable...my came also from new just like the matrasses above and below (folded in three... )
Buying al those thing afterwarts is a hell of a xtra cost!

Don't think the gas bottle is an option - if you got one I guess your dealer went to a Camping Gaz dealer and got one - a nice touch. My dealer just said they were not allowed to sell Gaz!

Hookup cable is also not standard, but I assume you can get one as an option from VW - although they are dirt cheap from ebay etc...

The mattress is an option which you can tick when you buy new.

If you bought your van new and got all of these bits and bobs without paying extra then you have a very nice dealer. If you bought second hand then maybe the original owner just left the bits in.

T

got one at the local tip and put some money in charity tin, the bottle turned out to be 3/4 full

So a newbie question.....how do you know how full your gas bottle is?

To give an idea, I think we average about 5 or 6 kettles boiled and one cooked meal per night and I reckon a bottle lasts us about 80 nights... Ish...