Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campervan Car Parking Restrictions North Norfolk Coast

Have you seen some of the pictures online of White Whales taking over car parks...?

Whitby now have a ban and I can appreciate why.
What a sight!
Why do they all park together and create such an awful sight.
Surely the real purpose of the motorhome is escape the masses.

View attachment 36901
That really does look like some kind of run down american trailer park so doesnt quite add to the beauty of a town, and at the end of the day, its a car park and not a Caravan and Camping park.

Just wait 'till next year when the hassle of trying to cross the channel forces all the WWs to stay in the UK for next Summer! :eek:

Just wait 'till next year when the hassle of trying to cross the channel forces all the WWs to stay in the UK for next Summer! :eek:

Ha, edging to towards the "Forbidden Topic" Loz... :veryfunny

(We're planning to do an Ireland trip, ferry first to Belfast before heading south as I'm assuming it will be simple to cross the 'frictionless border' ;))

:Iamsorry :offtopic

I also wrote to Holkham Estates Steve as we love visiting the area and especially like to park in Wells and walk along the beach . Looks like there is nowhere for us to park at Wells now . And I had the same response.
I would like to know how they police a T5/6 conversion and caravelles and beaches ?
We only want to visit for a couple of hours , not camp there .
Lesley

A beach is motorhome on the v5, if they have dvla access they will treat it the same I suspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

Update on the above

Today received a reply from Holkham Estates

“ The reason for the current restrictions is a real and present risk of an unauthorised encampment being established on our car parks.
These restrictions are being supported by the police. The situation is being reviewed daily and will lift or amend the restriction as necessary. Information found on our website. We are considering a number of options for the long term.”

Fingers crossed a solution can be found.

Steve & Gill
AH! They are afraid that the travellers will set down roots, just like they have attempted elsewhere during the summer. The cost to remove them is not cheap; the site needs cleaning afterwards etc etc. Well, hell! Holkham Beach is one of our very favourite places to take the dogs to.

Social media has made the “wild camping” problem much worse. Thousands of users sharing “secret” “hidden” spots.
https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

Ha ha, you're just trying to get hits for your blog Erbster, obviously aiming for an internet career... ;) (Great pictures though)

We drove across the Alps earlier this month and found lots of lovely places to overnight up on the high passes, clearly well tolerated by the authorities, and yet not over-run even in August.

Here's just one example, but keep it a secret... Damn.

upload_2018-8-25_11-43-43.png
Breakfast near top of the Oberalp Pass, east of Andermatt. Watching a pair of helicopters ferrying building materials to top of the mountain. Plenty of room to park overnight with just a handful of other vans, and even good coffee and croissants to be had.

Back