Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Ocean ordered 19th August - no build week as at 29th September

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Keep checking via the VW chat, confirmed order, however no build week assigned as yet, Was told Annual Factory shutdown Delays orders? Also 2021 model changes have pushed back builds? anyone know how long between order and confirmation of build week. I would have thought VW would have an orderly approach to managing expectation?

1to3 weeks has been my experience

Mine was ordered 20/7/20 and build week is 5/10/20 - Week 41. (Hooray next Monday :) )
I was advised of the build week about 3 weeks ago.
Yours was ordered 1 month after mine so maybe you could expect a build week of 45? You should hear soon.

Time between order confirmation and build date will vary widely depending on options spec’d. The more obscure the item or if they have some supply chain issues for a specific component can have a big effect. Oddly colour choice can have a big impact too.

Time between order confirmation and build date will vary widely depending on options spec’d. The more obscure the item or if they have some supply chain issues for a specific component can have a big effect. Oddly colour choice can have a big impact too.
Totally agree. Our van was built but it took VW 2 months to find a tow bar. :headbang

Keep checking via the VW chat, confirmed order, however no build week assigned as yet, Was told Annual Factory shutdown Delays orders? Also 2021 model changes have pushed back builds? anyone know how long between order and confirmation of build week. I would have thought VW would have an orderly approach to managing expectation?

I checked via the VW chat today again on my order (ordered on the 8/9) and still no build date. I also wonder how many Californias have been ordered in the last 4 weeks; based on the announcements it sounds like a lot.

I checked via the VW chat today again on my order (ordered on the 8/9) and still no build date. I also wonder how many Californias have been ordered in the last 4 weeks; based on the announcements it sounds like a lot.
Loads of orders I suspect. I think VW are currently prioritising U.K. orders that they know they can deliver before the 31/12/20 but after that date maybe not? I know from this forum that some European customers who placed orders a while ago have been quoted May 2021 delivery!! I guess it’s conceivable that U.K. customers might join the back of the existing 2021 queues?

Mine was ordered late Feb, original build week 20. Now confirmed week 45, might have by Christmas. Took VW over 6 months to give me a build week. I’ve come to the view somebody at VW is taking the wee wee out of me...

Mine was ordered late Feb, original build week 20. Now confirmed week 45, might have by Christmas. Took VW over 6 months to give me a build week. I’ve come to the view somebody at VW is taking the wee wee out of me...
That’s crazy! I guess the COVID induced factory shutdown and the holiday shutdown didn’t help but a 25 week slippage is madness. I feel for you. Mine was ordered on 20/07 and is due to be built next week 01/10. I’m praying it doesn’t change.

That’s crazy! I guess the COVID induced factory shutdown and the holiday shutdown didn’t help but a 25 week slippage is madness. I feel for you. Mine was ordered on 20/07 and is due to be built next week 01/10. I’m praying it doesn’t change.

I feel like I live in a parallel universe, seeing all these Cali’s ordered months after mine and delivered before mine is even built! Hope yours stays on track.:thumb

I feel like I live in a parallel universe, seeing all these Cali’s ordered months after mine and delivered before mine is even built! Hope yours stays on track.:thumb
Hard to understand why that should be?

Just out of interest what was spec was your Cali ? Did the dealer or VW give any indication why the build date took such a long time to schedule ?

Just out of interest what was spec was your Cali ? Did the dealer or VW give any indication why the build date took such a long time to schedule ?

Spec is;
California Ocean 150ps DSG
Options – Indium Grey Metallic, Navigation Pro upgrade, 17” Woodstock alloy wheels, Comfort sleeping mat, High beam assist and Outdoor shower connection.
Nothing particularly special there. Order placed on 11th March on a vehicle that was already on order from the dealership since Feb 24th. I had an order number straight away and VW chat confirmed it was in their system months ago, but took until 16th September for VW to confirm the build week 45. Apparently due to Covid and then the change to MY21!

• 150 DGG
  • Indium Grey
  • Heated Windscreen
  • Power latch sliding door
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Driver package plus
  • Sports styling package
  • Additional swivel seat (5th Seat)
  • Lockable storage compartment
  • Tyre Pressure monitoring
Chat peeps said today will be assigned build next week, but have been saying that for a number of weeks. Previously stated 21 model pushing back orders, annual shutdown.

Dealership know no more than the chat peeps.

"Ocean" ordered 19th August, order number assigned, VW chat peeps confirmed order at factory status "00" said today build week to be assigned next week

"Ocean" ordered 19th August, order number assigned, VW chat peeps confirmed order at factory status "00" said today build week to be assigned next week

That seems to be the same status as me, ordered 8/9 a the deal and order number confirmed 23/9. Excited as I am I was hoping that the order processing and scheduling would be a little more slick !!

My spec is:

4 Motion
Diff Lock
Indium Grey
Tow Bar
17” Woodstock alloy wheels,
Comfort sleeping mat
High beam assist
Outdoor shower connection.
80l fuel tank
Uprated starter battery
Mud flaps

Help please! I've been all over the VW vans website, but I can't find anywhere to 'chat'. I suspect I have some sort of pop-up blocker or browser security setting which is blocking it.
Can someone please post the URL for the web page with the chat link or pop-up so I know I am at least looking in the right place?
Thanks!

VW Commercial vans...
Wait a couple of seconds and the chat box / bubble will come on to the page bottom right corner (quite small) easy to miss

Thanks. I found it. It was there all along. The problem was that I wan't wearing my glasses, I think. Sigh ......

I have just been allocated a build week 45 (2nd November) understand this may change to to the possibilty of supply chain, lock downs, storms etc etc, however given a smooth pass through, when should i expect to see it arrive in the showroom?

I have just been allocated a build week 45 (2nd November) understand this may change to to the possibilty of supply chain, lock downs, storms etc etc, however given a smooth pass through, when should i expect to see it arrive in the showroom?
Well, assuming your van leaves the factory at the end of week 46, I think you might expect it to arrive at your dealership mid/late December.

Back