Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Future Newbie

iamchucky

iamchucky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, been following the forum for the past few years and gone through the seemingly 'normal' decision making process of should we, shouldn't we.

After returning from recent holidays we decided to take the plunge, as if we don't do it now we never would (kids ages 7 and 4). Order placed yesterday for a T6 Ocean (150 Manual in Mojawe) and although delivery a long way off we're very excited! :)

Love the forum and advice gained from it. Lots of questions still to be asked though.

Last edited:
Hi all, been following the forum for the past few years and gone through the seemingly 'normal' decision making process of should we, shouldn't we.

After returning from recent holidays we decided to take the plunge, as if we don't do it now we never would (kids ages 7 and 4). Order placed yesterday for a T6 (150 Manual in Mojawe) and although delivery a long way off we're very excited! :)

Love the forum and advice gained from it. Lots of questions still to be asked though.

Hi iamchucky
This is my first post! I have also been reading through the forums and decided to join in and you seem the perfect place to start.
I recently was offered the use of a Cali and the family enjoyed it so much I want to buy. Like you it's the California Beach T6 150 manual or auto I'm after. I have a VW dealership offering me 6% discount and also looked at quotes on drive the deal.
Can I ask what sort of deal you found and what extras you thought important?

Looking forward to chatting

Ahh.. Just noticed yours is an Ocean! Still any advice appreciated..

Yes sorry should have added the ocean bit! I've gone through Drive the Deal and so deal I got is quite visible very happy with the process. Extra's we have added are;

Awning
F&R Sensors
Towbar
Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Heated Front Screen
Cruise Control
Media Navigation

Hopefully a sensible list but may be too much (if there can be such a thing?). Think this purchase will cover off most of our Birthday and Christmas presents for quite a while.

Maybe others can help with a quick question - am I right in thinking that the rear window is not heated? We've gone with the Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation Option. Appreciate any advice on this or if any thoughts on our option list (although appreciate everyone if different!)

... Sounds great.
I was thinking to add: metallic paint(although I really like yellow but my wife has won this one!) so Acapulco blue.
F & R sensors
Multi function steering wheel
Privacy glass
Auxiliary heater
Awning
Media Nav

Similar to you. Not sure about the heated rear window but will research. How did you find drive the deal? Do they put you in contact with the dealer so you can talk through the spec?

Was a little nervous with drive the deal beforehand but no problem. Dealer calls within a day and reviews spec with you. All good so far.

I think our household would be the same with your colour choice... yellow sounds great on a beach, but as they say a happy wife is a happy life!

Yes sorry should have added the ocean bit! I've gone through Drive the Deal and so deal I got is quite visible very happy with the process. Extra's we have added are;

Awning
F&R Sensors
Towbar
Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Heated Front Screen
Cruise Control
Media Navigation

Hopefully a sensible list but may be too much (if there can be such a thing?). Think this purchase will cover off most of our Birthday and Christmas presents for quite a while.

Maybe others can help with a quick question - am I right in thinking that the rear window is not heated? We've gone with the Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation Option. Appreciate any advice on this or if any thoughts on our option list (although appreciate everyone if different!)

The rear glass is double glazed so it does not need heating as it does not steam up.

Brilliant, thanks for the answer GrannyJen, much appreciated.

Okay there you go.. Double glazed, clever. Thank you for clearing that one up Granny Jen.
Okay I'll do a little more playing before I submit and let you know.

Where can I see the Mojave beige?!

For us it was Internet based pictures and videos. There are a few New Transporters at dealerships in some of the new colours and so you might be able to get to see your colour if you phone around before you finalise your order.

Good idea.. Thanks again.
Hope all goes well..

In the VW CALIFORNIA T6 discussion forum there is a thread called colour options. Might be of use to you.

After returning from recent holidays we decided to take the plunge, as if we don't do it now we never would (kids ages 7 and 4). Order placed yesterday for a T6 Ocean (150 Manual in Mojawe) and although delivery a long way off we're very excited! :)

You won't regret it :)

Welcome to you lucky people! :thumb

T6 Ocean (150 Manual in Mojawe)

That's what I've ordered also. The Mojawe Beige is the colour VW are using in most of the their ads for the Ocean. My dealer has a multivan in that colour and I really liked it. In my mind it's more a warm silver and not so much beige :confused:

Goodness,

All this new-wave T6 enthusiasm...

Just wait ...

4 years and it will be

"T7? More like a T6.25..... don't like the front/ sides / back...... 22,000 changes between T6 and T7 engines? No thank you! .....goodness... those triple turbo's are enough to give anyone a triple bypass ... Think I'll leave it until the T8 comes along ....:("

I'd have happily bought a T5 but it was 10% more expensive than a T6 with more options! :confused:
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Or so the dealers may think ;)

What's the bet some people might walk in the showroom and buy on impulse without realising a new model is in the offing!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Or so the dealers may think ;)

I think you are right.
My theory is that the dealers bought the vans when the Euro was stronger than it is today and they don't want to reduce the prices even though the Euro is now weaker. For sure someone will take it eventually.

Hi Swissian. Agree, last week we were offered a T5 demo registered March 15 for slightly more than we've managed to order our T6 Ocean for. Yes we have to wait but have got the extras we wanted rather than the ones on the Demo that we didn't need (Fancy Wheels etc). Each to their own though.

Back