Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach insurance

R

R1nutty

Please, please can somebody help me! I will be eternally grateful!

We bought a Cali beach about 10 days ago and have been using vw insurance. Now that I am trying to insure it myself, I am having a nightmare! Every company I go to tell me that they can't insure it! If I try it as a camper I am told it is not because it doesn't have a cooker, if I try it as a van I am told it is not as its not classed as a van on the log book and am also told its not a car!!

I finally thought I had cracked it with Performace Direct last week but I had a phone call last nig to say that it has fallen into their van category which is wrong and we therefore don't have insurnace!!! Aargh!!

Please can somebody tell me how I should insure it!! Thank you in advance, chantal

Try Direct Line and LV . They both list it. It will be a car policy rather than camper. Can transfer your existing ncb to the policies. Think Admiral has also heard of the Beach as well.

Insured our Beach with Admiral, no problem whatsoever.

I had the same problem, LV was the only solution I could find, they were fine with LHD also.

We've also just insured ours with Admiral with Business use. £240 fully comp

Just insuring our Beach for the first time.

Went to Comfort of course. The web site wouldn't even give me a quote, so I gave them a ring. Seems the only option they have is for a max of 10k miles and is £400 fully comp. The guy on the end of the line said they couldn't get underwriters to understand what the Beach is. Which is obvioisly nonsense when you look at the rest of the quotes I got today.

Caravan club - £300. Enough said.... Although I did try to push the members offer of beating a renewal by £25. But a new van is not a renewal - so next year then....

Admiral - £200. But their European cover is for a max of 90 days and each trip has a max of 30 days. Which wouldn't be enough per trip for us.

DL £210 and again a max EU cover of 90 days.

LV £220 with 180 days of EU cover and no limits on trip length. But this was for the wrong vehicle type. Ended up being £247 when I selected the Beach with bluemotion.

So LV it is.

That's for pleasure use only, fully comp, me and one named driver and 7 years NCB.

Wonder if I can do it through top cash back or quidco?

Edit: result £26 cash back through topcashback. So £221.