Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Help

D

dale6

VIP Member
Hi,
I'm just looking to purchase a Beach and have found the spec I'm looking for.
Two questions really.
It has the 114 ps blue motion and I've been driving a 140 combi for the last 3 years. Does this have enough go in it and will I see a huge difference in the power loss?
12v socket - Can you get adapters to charge a lap top through one of these and does it have a leisure battery or will it drain the main one if i charge anything through this over night?
Thanks again for your help.

Cant help on the 114 vs 140 as only driven a 140. The 140 also gets you a 6 speed gearbox.
The Beach does have a leisure battery under the passenger seat and this is what powers all of the 12v sockets except the one in the dashboard/cup holder. To charge a laptop you would need to get a 12v to 240v Inverter. Using the leisure battery wont flatten the main vehicle battery.

There's nothing wrong with the power of the 115 the main difference is the five speed box, really it needs 6 gears. If you can live with that and working the gears a bit more round town then it's fine.

I've never wanted more power - it cruises fine down the motorways

So I suspect the issue will be the gearbox and of that matters

James

Regarding the lap top, you can buy a cheap bit of kit that takes the 12v upto the 19v (or so) your laptop probably needs. Kensington make them, mine was about £15 on ebay and came with plug ends for most makes of laptops. My guess is that this is more efficient than ramping up to 240v only for your laptop's transformer to take it back down to 19v.

dale6 said:
Hi,
I'm just looking to purchase a Beach and have found the spec I'm looking for.
Two questions really.
It has the 114 ps blue motion and I've been driving a 140 combi for the last 3 years. Does this have enough go in it and will I see a huge difference in the power loss?
12v socket - Can you get adapters to charge a lap top through one of these and does it have a leisure battery or will it drain the main one if i charge anything through this over night?
Thanks again for your help.

As stated in previous reply yes the Beach comes leisure battery as for charging a laptop either a Visit to 'Maplins or PC World' and get yourself a 12-240 inverter or as previously stated a 12v charger

Alasdair

Back