Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calicap drawer arrived damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading through this thread. I don't blame you for sorting it as best you could and getting on with it, life's too short. But I certainly won't be ordering anything from Calicap so thanks for the heads up on their terrible customer services.

I think you will have saved a lot of members from problems down the line as I'm sure this has put lots of us off using them.

Last edited:
Just reading through this thread. I don't blame you for sorting it as best you could and getting on with it, life's too short. But I certainly won't be ordering anything from Calicap so thanks for the heads up on their terrible customer services.

I think you will have saved a lot of members from problems down the line as I'm sure this has put lots of us off using them.
There is no excuse for poor customer service but you can only speak from your own experience, we had excellent service from them 15 months ago.

Having lived in Germany for a while and having some German friends, I based it on my own experiences, Tom. There are of course many Brits, like myself, who wouldn't accept this without a fight. i'd be really cross.

Absolutely, Elly. It’s totally unacceptable. But is it the fault of the company’s abysmal customer services or a result of a British purchase.

I don’t know.

Generally my experience of German customer service has been good.

There is no excuse for poor customer service but you can only speak from your own experience, we had excellent service from them 15 months ago.
Glad to hear you had a good experience. Customer service only gets tested when something goes wrong though - so unless you had a problem was it excellent or were there just no problems? There have been 2 or 3 reports of Calicap refusing to take responsibility when something has been damaged and that’s enough for me to decide I won’t be buying off them.

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Customer service only gets tested when something goes wrong though - so unless you had a problem was it excellent or were there just no problems? There have been 2 or 3 reports of Calicap refusing to take responsibility when something has been damaged and that’s enough for me to decide I won’t be buying off them.
It was excellent service

Many years since we bought ours and paid on credit card other items from Europe via Paypal that is where I would have gone to address the issue if I had no joy from the supplier.

This company is treating uk customers like dicks because they don't agree with a certain political vote. FACT. I would never and will never use this company even if they made a drawer that was so amazing it took me out for a beer. I had to edit that about 4 times..

It's like Ryanair, I have flown with them twice, first time it went like clockwork with no issues. Second time I was left stranded in Alicante with possibly the worst customer service ever. Suffice to say I will never use them again.

There is a difference between service and customer service.

This company is treating uk customers like dicks because they don't agree with a certain political vote. FACT. I would never and will never use this company even if they made a drawer that was so amazing it took me out for a beer. I had to edit that about 4 times..
Your opinion but certainly not fact, purely your assumption.

Your opinion but certainly not fact, purely your assumption.
So you are asserting that the company is Not anti UK, because of a political decision, it really does have absolutely appalling Customer Service when dealing with complaints.

And you support them!

So you are asserting that the company is Not anti UK, because of a political decision, it really does have absolutely appalling Customer Service when dealing with complaints.

And you support them!
In your opinion

I find it absurd to think that a small business might base its customer service policy on a country by country basis based on political decisions.

It may have slightly different policies for its home country, but even that seems unlikely.

I find it absurd to think that a small business might base its customer service policy on a country by country basis based on political decisions.

It may have slightly different policies for its home country, but even that seems unlikely.
Maybe they have crap customer service for everyone. At least that would be fair though I suppose.

Don't you remember Uli from Calicap.de replying to a customer complaint @Taff Tenor I believe it was, who said they weren't shipping to the UK and it was our fault for voting to leave the EU.

Last edited:

Agree. So it boils down to poor customer service in the event of a problem compounded by distance selling which can be more difficult than face to face.
Easier to ignore emails and phone calls than an irate customer on the doorstep.
No matter what you think about Amazon or eBay their customer service has been faultless on the few occasions I have had to use it and resulted in repeat purchases.
In the ideal world the Complaints Dept would have nothing to do. Therefore sometimes a company ignores such things as financially it costs less to ignore or tough it out than pay for a proper Complaints process. That's definitely Old School since the advent of the Internet and Social Media, as shown by this thread.
If the problem had been dealt with properly then this thread wouldn't exist.

I remember a comment to me during the time just before the original (B*****) vote which went something like this "...........because we are entering a period of trading uncertainty with the UK we can no longer supply......." I also recall that when it came to checking out there was no possibility to add post and packing for the UK. At that point it blocked my order. I emailed Tom but got no reply. Anyway since then I have bought a couple of item from them (Inc a slide out drawer) and CS has been exemplary.

It's like Ryanair, I have flown with them twice, first time it went like clockwork with no issues. Second time I was left stranded in Alicante with possibly the worst customer service ever. Suffice to say I will never use them again.

There is a difference between service and customer service.

8 of us went to Majorca a couple of years ago.
Airport dramas on the way back. Our more expensive Jet 2 flight was cancelled. They organised another plane and we had a 4 hour delay. The other 6 were on two different Ryanair flights. One couple had a over night delay. The other two had an extra 3 days. Where they had to find their own accommodation and phone Ryan every day to check for flights.

Felt a bit smug choosing the more expensive Jet 2 flight in the end. But past Ryanair dramas had already made that choice for us on this trip.

I wouldn’t entertain a Ryanair flight period. Not now, not ever...

Don't you remember Uli from Calicap.de replying to a customer complaint @Taff Tenor I believe it was, who said they weren't shipping to the UK and it was out fault for voting to leave the EU.
Now you mention it, I do have a vague recollection. I can understand a company's decision not to ship based on uncertainty over political changes. But that is a different matter.

No your making assumptions
Of course, valid assumptions made from your statements, or using the present vernacular, Would you like to clarify your comments, and give us some clarity as to what you actually mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back