Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Calicap.de Calicap (Topper)for T6

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Calicap.de Calicap ll weather protection hood (topper) for the T6 California Ocean windows left and right and to the front with roll-up function the whole front section rolls up, roof cut-out ready for solar panels or roof Bars or roof Box colour is dark grey this topper cost £572 it is unused only been on the van once and that was to set the topper up ready for use. £325 ono

Topper wtth Top Box.jpg

Topper with Front Open.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gary, hope all is well. Firstly wanted to confirm that the drawer liner and Shower Bag arrived ok today, thank you and for packaging so well. Very pleased.
Also can you give me some more detail re the Calicap - are they hard work to put on and take off? Does this one have side windows and does it have the tie downs to the windscreen? Finally how small does it pack down to? Thanks, Best wishes, Colin

Hi Gary, hope all is well. Firstly wanted to confirm that the drawer liner and Shower Bag arrived ok today, thank you and for packaging so well. Very pleased.
Also can you give me some more detail re the Calicap - are they hard work to put on and take off? Does this one have side windows and does it have the tie downs to the windscreen? Finally how small does it pack down to? Thanks, Best wishes, Colin
Hi Colin

Good to hear you received your parcel.
This is the second topper I have bought from Calicap.de the first one being all in one what I would call a sling over which can be not hard but a bit fiddly with this one which is my second one my original plan was to have solar panels attached to the roof hence open on top. I must admit when I first read the instructions which are in German I gave up and just follow the pictures and it is pretty much common sense once you get into it put it this way if I can do it following pictures anybody can and I'm short and fat the best thing about this one is that you have attachments on the roof which you install when you first set up the topper after that it's plain sailing when you come to put the topper on which is in two parts the topper attaches to the attachments which are like little thumbscrews if you look in the pictures you'll see them on either side you then raise your roof and then finish the by attaching the sides of the topper to your awning rail you with some more thumbscrews then go round the back attach the back panel three more elasticated straps job done whereas before it would probably take me 10 to 15 minutes to put my original topper on this one once you do the initial set up it could be on in five minutes. This topper as windows to the sides and front there are three what I would call blanking plates made out of material which can be installed into the windows to further darken the top the front opens up fully if desired see photos as to the size of it see photos this does fit where the Cali chairs are in the back it is a little bit tighter if you have cushions on your Cali seats this is where I have always kept my Cali toppers including this one hope this is some help to you I have enclosed photos including photos of the instructions.

Cheers
Gary.

tempImagetqAsSY.png

tempImageMzSll2.png

tempImage7jW90P.png

tempImage8O2z7Q.png

tempImageRXMp34.png

tempImage8sCSS3.png

tempImageZKvq3j.png

tempImagegoITfx.png

tempImagejvQ21L.png

Hi
Hi Gary, thanks for the extra details re the Calicap, we are still deliberating whether it’s what we want. Re previous purchase, I think that a piece of the liner is missing. I have the base, the rear side and the left and right side, but not the drawer front which I think has two holes in it for the awning winder clips. Can you check your end please. The package was well sealed so no risk of it having fallen out in transit. Best wishes, Colin

Can you explain the fixing arrangement at the rear please. I’ve read somewhere that there’s an inner ‘skirt’ that catches water running down the roof. Does the cap material just join to itself, or do you e.g. have to stick some Velcro to the roof?
Many thanks

Can you explain the fixing arrangement at the rear please. I’ve read somewhere that there’s an inner ‘skirt’ that catches water running down the roof. Does the cap material just join to itself, or do you e.g. have to stick some Velcro to the roof?
Many thanks
Hi
Yes it attaches to itself there is no Velcro on the roof. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Gary.

Hi

Hi Gary, thanks for the extra details re the Calicap, we are still deliberating whether it’s what we want. Re previous purchase, I think that a piece of the liner is missing. I have the base, the rear side and the left and right side, but not the drawer front which I think has two holes in it for the awning winder clips. Can you check your end please. The package was well sealed so no risk of it having fallen out in transit. Best wishes, Colin
Hi Colin
Thanks for letting me know I am really sorry about that I have sorted it out and there is a parcel on its way to you, you should receive it within the next two or three days let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers
Gary.