Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali topper

Wengen007

Wengen007

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi I am thinking about getting a topper can anyone give me any advice on which one ?
Are they easy to fit on your own and how do you do it?

Thanks in advance

I would go for the Cali topper from comfortz compact lightweight easy to fit well made and
Guaranteed for a year.fits in with the tailgate chairs :thumb

What's the real difference between the cali topper and the cali topper compact from comfortz? Which would you go for. Do they both pack up small enough to fit in the rear door with the fold up chairs?

I have the calitopper compact that fits easily in between the tailgate chairs.I'm not sure about the standard one

Wengen007 said:
What's the real difference between the cali topper and the cali topper compact from comfortz? Which would you go for. Do they both pack up small enough to fit in the rear door with the fold up chairs?

Have a look at my post here. http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=5235&start=15

Picture of topper and screen cover in the tailgate of my Cali between the seats. Its a tight fit and I gather the full fat version won't fit.

Andy

Thanks chaps & hello Wengen007, yes the standard Cal-Topper is about a 3rd bigger and doens't go in the tailgate with the chairs. Also the material is heavier and takes a little longer to dry out than the compact version - which pretty much shakes dry. We plan to phase the heavier weight one out this year as to be honest we only sell 1 to every 20 compact versions now.

Hope this helps,

Andy we still have some business to sort out on the 5th seat you'll have to drop me an email when you get a moment :thumb

Thanks Nick

comfortz said:
Thanks chaps & hello Wengen007, yes the standard Cal-Topper is about a 3rd bigger and doens't go in the tailgate with the chairs. Also the material is heavier and takes a little longer to dry out than the compact version - which pretty much shakes dry. We plan to phase the heavier weight one out this year as to be honest we only sell 1 to every 20 compact versions now.

Hope this helps,

Andy we still have some business to sort out on the 5th seat you'll have to drop me an email when you get a moment :thumb

Thanks Nick

Nick,

No rush. Just into my first few weeks settling into new job in Wellington NZ. Happy to put it on the back burner for now. Waiting for Cali to arrive in NZ. I noticed from ship tracking its been to Holland and Hamburg so far and has a long way to go......... Just hope its tied down well in the container and there are fair seas.

Looks like California is rare beast in NZ and only the multi-van is listed as standard VW vehicle here.

Andy

Back