Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cab tambour closure for cali pop top

S

SlidePods

Guest User
Do people suffer with the Cab closure tambour system on their cali roof opening whilst driving? I retro fitted my roof and it has always done it. Until today..... I came up with a really really neat system to stop it from happening and thought if others suffer with the same thing I would put a little kit together for around the £10/£12 mark (delivered) with fitting instructions to solve the problem for others.

Our method is much more factory in look and is absolutely bullit proof
Would be interested if it doesn't stick out when open? Are you given more details or keeping it a secret.

Would be interested if it doesn't stick out when open? Are you given more details or keeping it a secret.

I'm keeping it a secret! ;) drop me an email and I will put a kit together for you for £10 delivered and get it out to you and you can tell me what you think

I'd be interested if it's a non-destructive solution i.e. no cutting/drilling of existing plastics. I'm forever closing it as I'm driving along!

Mark

We used two bits of Velcro, now never moves.

We used little foam pad for chair feet on wooden floors cut to fit cost pence and lasted over 18 months so far.(as shown by WG)
Why would members pay £10 for something you dont know what you are bying. Sorry "Sidepods" but you could be supplying a 3 inch nail for all we know

It is like going into Tesco and all they have on the shelves is white sealed boxes and you just have to take a chance. I am not sure this type of sales tecnique will catch on ?

It is like going into Tesco and all they have on the shelves is white sealed boxes and you just have to take a chance. I am not sure this type of sales tecnique will catch on ?
Or the mystery tin bargain bucket. All tins, no labels, 10p each lol

Or the mystery tin bargain bucket. All tins, no labels, 10p each lol
My dad used to be a discount supermarket manager when I was a kid.
On occasion he would bring home a box full of unlabelled tins. We had great fun opening them to see what was going to be for tea that night.
On a good day curry, stew and fruit.
On a bad day dog or cat food!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

My dad used to be a discount supermarket manager when I was a kid.
On occasion he would bring home a box full of unlabelled tins. We had great fun opening them to see what was going to be for tea that night.
On a good day curry, stew and fruit.
On a bad day dog or cat food!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Ooo luxury, when I was a lad we were forced to eat gravel which me dad collected from the road outside.

Ooo luxury, when I was a lad we were forced to eat gravel which me dad collected from the road outside.

Did you get stoned as a result?

I use two rolled up £5 notes - does the trick for me:kiss and of course handy if you get caught short

oaky..... first to reply can have a kit for free! then they can road test it and judge if its worth the money.

We have a neat solution using a silicone spoon. It looks a bit crude maybe but keeps the thing from sliding, and serves double duty for cooking too. And it's cheaper than £10-12!

Good morning guys from sunny Cirencester CC site. Same problem! I'm looking at it now. There are 2very thin foam strips fitted already. At the rear end of the slide way maybe replace these with thicker?

Back