Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bye Bye Britain. It was nice knowing you (Long read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and why is that?

Hard I think to argue that the 2016 vote was only 'democratic', rather than democratic.

Referendums on major constitutional issues are a rare but nevertheless established component of the UK's democratic system. The 2016 vote was conducted in accordance with law, and pretty well regulated overall.

Observations that various politicians on both sides played fast and loose with 'facts' doesn't really speak to the question of whether the process itself was properly and lawfully conducted. All elections and referendums see politicians spouting all kinds of guff of varying veracity and credibility and our - the public's - job is to decide whether we believe them or not.

So I'd say the 2016 referendum was democratic (no quote marks), despite the fact that I don't agree with the view of the just over half of voters on that occasion.

Oh and if we do end up in the three cocks, I'll invite the remoaners to produce copies of their tweets / forum posts where they made the 'undemocratic' argument PRIOR to the surprise loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.