Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying 'Stock' Vehicles

P

PBP

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I want to purchase a new California Beach and I specifically want a 7 seater with auto transmission. I have phoned dealers across the UK and had no luck in sourcing one. Pretty much every dealer wants to offer me a 5 seat option and/or manual transmission. When I mention a factory order many seem to lose interest, presumably as they want to move their stock. I know it's possible to buy a 5 seater and retro fit 2 swivel seats but to be honest I don't want to spend the thick end of £50k and mess about matching seats up etc. Has anyone else had the same? I'd even consider approved used at this stage but still can't find the spec I want. Thanks

I went for a ex-demo, saved just under 20% for one that had under 2,000 miles on it.

That is Ocean rather than Beach, but certainly worth considering approved used in my book.

Ex-demo, you know what you are getting, you can make an informed choice, no waiting, no uncertainty.

Thanks, good calls, found one ex static demo last week but lost out to another buyer as I didn't get to it quick enough.....can't find another at the moment so guess it will be a waiting game or factory order. Thanks for the quick and helpful replies.

Hello PBP,
I might be wrong but I seem to remember that the five seater Beach model, always has Tacoma Titanium Black - Moon Rock trim. The VW configurator rules out the lighter trim on this model. So if you were to buy a stock five seat DSG Beach you should be able to pick up a couple of matching swivels on the for sale section. These items, in this trim seem to appear for sale quite frequently on the forum.

Failing that, I would just hold on a wait for a stock seven seater van to turn up. Don't factory order if you only want a basic van as you may miss out on a better discount. Have you tried looking for a dealer demo? I've noticed that the Beach model doesn't seem to get used that much as a demo so will often have little or no mileage on the clock when released at three months old. Ours had just over 100 miles on the clock and was very well specced. Ex demos should be a lot cheaper, are eligible for the cheap extended warrantee and can often attract an extra discount if purchased using VW finance. With VW Finance you can also qualify you for a very cheap two service prepaid service plan.

Certain spec's can be tricky to find for sure; I looked around for several months waiting for that "perfect spec" but never found one so in the end we opted to buy new.

Nearly new Cali's are still very expensive and so the additional cost of buying new may not the main downside, it is the long wait you may have to endure; I've only been waiting two weeks for my new Cali and its already driving me nuts :Nailbiting

Good luck with your search ;)

Have you tried the 4 different ones currently advertised on Autotrader? It looks like these are all Auto & 7 Seats.

RED
BLACK
SILVER
GREY

Screenshot_20180608-223525_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20180608-223746_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20180608-223829_Auto Trader.jpg

Screenshot_20180608-223907_Auto Trader.jpg

Thanks All, I did try those on Autotrader plus others and unfortunately upon enquiry these appear 5 seaters (Some photos show a 7 seater but description is 5 seater are vise-versa. I am pleased to say though that after many phone calls one dealer has secured me a choice today of a Metallic Chestnut Brown or Bamboo Green that both meet my requirements so hopefully I'll finalise one of these tomorrow. Thanks all for your suggestions and Autotrader leads etc. Most appreciated all round.

Thanks All, I did try those on Autotrader plus others and unfortunately upon enquiry these appear 5 seaters (Some photos show a 7 seater but description is 5 seater and vise-versa). I am pleased to say though that after many phone calls one dealer has secured me a choice today of a Metallic Chestnut Brown or Bamboo Green that both meet my requirements so hopefully I'll finalise one of these tomorrow. Thanks all for your suggestions and Autotrader leads etc. Most appreciated all round.[/QUOTE]Thanks All, I did try those on Autotrader plus others and unfortunately upon enquiry these appear 5 seaters (Some photos show a 7 seater but description is 5 seater are vise-versa. I am pleased to say though that after many phone calls one dealer has secured me a choice today of a Metallic Chestnut Brown or Bamboo Green that both meet my requirements so hopefully I'll finalise one of these tomorrow. Thanks all for your suggestions and Autotrader leads etc. Most appreciated all round.

I have a beach and it was a demo saved a good 15% and yup it was manual. It did however have the cosmetic extras in general.

I got tempted several times by extra seats but there seemed to be such a good supply on here that I decided to wait. As is always the way I now can't find any in my trim ;) So there is a peak to these things and don't wait too long if you buy seats after.

You should in theory get your V5 updated too when you install the extra seat, easy to do.

Last edited:
Great news, picked up my 7 seater DSG today. Ex Demo as recommended. Only 4k miles and fully loaded with extras. Dealer was brilliant. Vehicle is first class.
Well done and congratulations.

Now don't be shy, photos please.

Back