Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

burners on hob discolouring

christoff

christoff

BH Orange Army
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello,

I've had my new Cali since Wednesday, and have just come back from my first trip. Already I'm beginning to think this is one of my best vehicle purchases ever!

One quick question, after using the hob, the plate in the middle of the burner has turned a similar colour to copper, and now looks really odd compared to the one I havent used yet. Is this normal, or have I used the wrong type of pan? I was only boiling some rice, but the pan was dark coated, and wondered if that had something to do with it. I understand the "blueing" effect on metals when they get hot, but just wanted to check that I hadn't done anything wrong!

Thanks

Mine is the same fetching shade of burnished bronze together with some black spots where I put my kettle down on a bit of plastic without noticing, kettle back on hob... "what's that smoke?"

Hob bright gets it clean eventually but I quite like the "used" look. It's there to do a job.

Thanks for the reply, just glad to know that it wasn't due to my poor cooking abilities!

Just means you are using the California as intended.:thumb

My burners have gone the same lovely hue. Haven't tried to clean them yet but it just shows that we actually use the Cali for what it was intended for :)