Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers Screen Cover.

S

Stu

Guest User
We read the great reviews on the Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers screen covers and decided that it looked perfect for our needs and that it would beat using the OEM supplied blind system. That's where it became difficult!! :laugh2

I had a design for the printing in mind and phoned Angie at Bromsgrove to discuss the idea, she said that if I could supply the image she could get in printed for me - Great I thought.

The problem came in finding an image of sufficient quality to be suitable for enlarging and printing on the cover, I tried several I sourced on the internet and sent them to Angie but each time word came back from the printers that it wasn't good enough. In desperation I contacted the company who's logo I wanted to use and explained the situation however I really didn't hold out much hope as I thought they'd be worried about some other company or person using their logo on an unlicensed product. Their customer services came back to me within a day and said they'd passed it to the relevant department and I would hear from them soon. Sure enough I got an email from them with an image of the logo attached but sadly this also wasn't of sufficient quality to be used by the printers. Feeling quite despondent at this point and with our first weekend away looming ever nearer I emailed back and asked if they could provide a better image and I'm pleased to say they did - Top Service.

(Rolf Harris Stylee - Have you guessed who it is yet folks?)

I passed the image to Angie who confirmed the printers had said we were good to go. I asked Angie how long it would take (all the covers are made to order) and she estimated it would be by middle of next week before I saw it. She asked when I wanted it for so I said well ideally this weekend would be good. There was a sharp intake of breath and some sucking through teeth but she said she'd see what she could do and would get back to me. I was totally gobsmacked to get a call later that afternoon to say it was done and that couriers would deliver it the following day - More Top Service!!

True to her word and as promised it arrived on Thursday ahead of our Friday departure for our first ever Cali outing. We arrived at the site a little later than anticipated so a photo that evening was out of the question and it was fitted in the dark so not perfect however I managed to take a couple this morning. I'm sure you'll agree that Angie has done an outstanding job, the cover fits absolutely perfectly, and in my opinion looks awesome.

So looking for an alternative to the OEM blinds, look no further -

http://www.bromsgroveautotrim.com/ or http://www.batvw.com/ which has more info on the screen covers.

Give them a call and speak to Angie, mention the Forum to get the Forum price.

BerghausCover1.jpg

BerghausCover.jpg

What can I say stu. That is pukka :thumb :thumb good choice of logo as well :thumb

Thanks Kev.

I'm sure it's actually a better fit than it is show but as I said it was sort of launched on in the failing light.

It keeps the cabin really dark too.

I'll have to check them out ... They charge much extra for the artwork and printing stu. ??

It was £85 delivered Lee.

One of the best things I've bought for the Cali so far.

Stu said:
It was £85 delivered Lee.

One of the best things I've bought for the Cali so far.

cool i need me one of those along with rear mats ...had one for my T2 westy and was a good buy .....i must admit it was only £30 ....lol

I don't think it is Andy but it's a good weight material so quite effective at trapping or resisting heat.

I've fitted it again tonight and it's a much better fit. :thumb

Andy said:
Stu is the screen cover insulated ?

i was thinking the same thing andy ....they look great and fit perfect and can do everything you need them to do ,but do they reflect heat off the screen ...don't really want to suck that heat into the van really...... may have to bell them up

I have mentioned it to Kev who deals with the goodies side if things but we weren't sure what the take up would be.

You can have whatever you like printed on it, as well as having it in a choice of colours, you simply need to supply the image. Give Angie a call.

Thanks stu. Martin has the original club logo image I'm sure when he gets back of holiday
He will send it to you. I would be interested to see the finished cover it was one thing I was interested in. Maybe if we can generate enough interest we can talk to them about a discount

Calikev said:
Thanks stu. Martin has the original club logo image I'm sure when he gets back of holiday
He will send it to you. I would be interested to see the finished cover it was one thing I was interested in. Maybe if we can generate enough interest we can talk to them about a discount

Kev if there's a group buy for these you can count me in :thumb

Calikev said:

and me Kev.

Gary&Heather said:
Calikev said:

and me Kev.

I thought buttons already had one :barmy :barmy

Calikev said:
Gary&Heather said:
Calikev said:

and me Kev.

I thought buttons already had one :barmy :barmy

He has but am sure he woulden't mind shairing one with the club :lol:

Contact has been made with BAT regarding a lower price and or a club branded cover.

Watch this space :thumb

Stu, that looks the business. Do they still have your Berghaus image?

Yes they should do.

Give them a call and ask for Angie.

I cannot get a lower price for these as Angie tells me there simply isn't enough margin in them to do it. Once Martin comes back from Holiday and we have the full club logo then we'll hopefully have something in place for that.

Will they fit with Wind Deflectors I forgot I had had them fitted.

The fibreglass poles are missing from my van and right now it's a pain trying to close off the windscreen with just the cloth bit.

I wouldn't like to say to be honest, it does pull tight to the cab so possibly not ideal to have wind deflectors and an external cover.

Back