Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken Tap

Stolly

Stolly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi, the tap in our Cali has fallen off and doesn't screw back on. I think it may have lost a rubber band washer perhaps; there is one at the bottom of the white screwed base but that looks like it should be there.

And tips on how to repair it would be fantastic. Thanks

IMG_3065.jpg

It’s just a push fit. But can take some force to get off and on. If nothing is cracked it should be fine.
If it’s broken it’s easy to replace. Just buy a new one from camper bits store or from Vw (the part is universal and used in many campers) Perfect diy job. Loosen underneath and replace…

Thanks but I cannot for the life of me get it to push on

Ours came off too. You have to be very brave and give it a good whack with the palm of your hand and it pops right back on.

Thanks but I cannot for the life of me get it to push on
In my reply there are various solutions in the thread regarding oil filter wrench, hot water immersion and shock loading.
All have their merits and risks with (IMHO) the hot water and oil filter strap wrench being the least risky

soak in hot water to expand it. bit of fairy liquid for lube. line it up. cover with a tea towel and either bang it on with your palm of try a tent peg mallet.