Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brake pad warning light (showing in error)

cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Hi guys,

brake pad warning light is on. Checked all pads & seem ok (fronts & rears are all a year max)

where are the sensors located? All wheels or just one? Thought I would be worthwhile checking all are still connected up ok in case throwing error as simply not plugged in or cable damaged or something.

Thanks in advance

pete

The sensor is only on the front I think.

If you you behind the whe you should see the cable, may be easier to take the wheel off for a better look.

Depending on age of vehicle, one front and one rear. Have you had pads replaced on this vehicle? Could be a damaged/corroded wire for example that has set the warning off.

cheers

On TV program "fake Britain" there are counter fake VW brake pads doing the rounds.
Ron.

Cheers guys...

yeah happy to take wheel off but due to the faff wanted to know exactly which one :)

It's a 2008... yes pads were replaced within the last year (ish) front & back. not done through VW though, just local garage so aftermarket parts

I might add they were fine after fitting the problem has just recently started

I would inspect the pad wiring and check that the pads that were fitted have the wiring and that the garage who fitted them didn't fit pads without the warning wires and/or that the wiring is in good condition etc...Should be nearside front and offside rear.

cheers

Back