Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth

R

Rich Corrado

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if they have the Bluetooth option on their Cali and does it work with an iphone 5?

Also what is the difference between Bluetooth and Bluetooth premium?

Thank you

I have a 2013 Cali SE with a RCD310 with the Bluetooth option, it works fine with my iphone 5.

Hi

Are you able to stream music from your iphone? Do you have standard or premium Bluetooth?

Bluetooth premium gives you voice control :thumb And it will work fine with your 5

Standard Bluetooth, and yes I can stream from my iPhone 5

Apparently you can connect two devices at the same time, one for streaming and one for calls, I have never tried it though.

Phild said:
Standard Bluetooth, and yes I can stream from my iPhone 5

Apparently you can connect two devices at the same time, one for streaming and one for calls, I have never tried it though.

Which stereo do you have? Can you stream with the basic stereo?

Yes, this is with the standard stereo (RCD310)

I am tempted to upgrade to the RNS510 but by the sounds of things it isn't much good at navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phild said:
Yes, this is with the standard stereo (RCD310)

I am tempted to upgrade to the RNS510 but by the sounds of things it isn't much good at navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RNS510 is fine at navigation. Just like most SatNavs it takes a bit of trial & error to get used to it & get it set how you like it.
In my opinion it is not as good as Garmin units but it works well for me. I got it so I didn't have wires trailing over the dash on my £45 K vehicle.

Back