Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blown fuse 12V socket

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hello,

We are now the happy owners of a VW T6 California Ocean, built 2016. We bought it second hand.
In the bus, we frequently have a blown fuse. It's the fuse for the 12V sockets, located under the driver's seat. It's a 15 amp fuse and it blows sometimes but not always when using the 12V socket on the side of the kitchen unit, or the one at the front of the upper bed. It blows with different devices and different USB connectors. So sometimes it works fine, and then suddenly it blows.
How can I (or a mechanic) approach this problem?

Thanks for the advice - and greetz from Venice!

Bart

Is that all that is on the circuit, just the 12v Skt? I suspect not.
I would start by removing the 12v socket and check the connections.

Ok so it is on its own fuse. That makes it easy.
D71F3E9F-90E3-468E-969D-DF51C5AC352E.jpeg

Remove the socket and check it and the connections.
pull the fuse and and use a Mega (insulation tester) to check the cable.

Ok, I'll try that first! But there are two sockets on the fuse and both seem to make it blow. One socket is on the side of the kitchen cupboard, on near the upper sleeper.

Tx!

My money is on whatever you’re plugging into the socket.

The sink socket and the roof bed socket share the same fuse.
As @sidepod says check what you are plugging in and also look in the top one in case something is in the bottom of it rattling around.

... also look in the top one in case something is in the bottom of it rattling around.

This.

I had something in there and it blew the fuse on my Beach - but was is not the same fuse as a the socket next to the 220V socket in my case as that worked still, the Beach must be different.

Back