Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackvue LTE - for recording collisions and wifi use - or any better options?

DOMINICGG1234

DOMINICGG1234

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all

Thanks for all the advice I’ve had from the forum so far. Really great.

I park my California out on a busy road. Sadly I have no other option.

I’m thinking of getting a Blackvue but not sure which model. Are they good enough to capture number plates in the case of a collision? I’ve had my car hit four times in the past so want to bake sure if I buy one that I have sufficient evidence to pass on to the insurance company.

I’d also like to use it for the wifi function. Can you stream live tv etc using them? I assume they are only as good as the mobile reception where you’re parked up?

Thanks in advance for your advice

@GrumpyGranddad had one fitted Via “SatNav systems“ Chertsey,

from what I’ve seen of his posts he’s very complimentary regarding the product and the instal.

I can highly recommend the company & have used them several times , for my Cali and the wife’s car.

I also had one fitted by Satnav systems (April/May time). Very good service and the BlackVue is great. However, they no longer fit the LTE module as it was unreliable in providing connection.

Hi all

I’m thinking of getting a Blackvue but not sure which model. Are they good enough to capture number plates in the case of a collision? I’ve had my car hit four times in the past so want to bake sure if I buy one that I have sufficient evidence to pass on to the insurance company.

I’d also like to use it for the wifi function. Can you stream live tv etc using them? I assume they are only as good as the mobile reception where you’re parked up?

Look for a system with a built in SIM card, then it will pass live incidents to your phone.

Nextbase & Blackvue tend to be the most popular.

I also had one fitted by Satnav systems (April/May time). Very good service and the BlackVue is great. However, they no longer fit the LTE module as it was unreliable in providing connection.
Blackvue website shows LTE models in their latest lineup. ?

Look for a system with a built in SIM card, then it will pass live incidents to your phone.

Nextbase & Blackvue tend to be the most popular.
Ok thanks. Do any of these come with wifi facility for streaming etc?

Blackvue website shows LTE models in their latest lineup. ?
Yes. But Satnav systems are not fitting then as the connection through LTE has been unreliable and caused them ongoing service issues.

By all means try an LTE version and let me know how it goes as I originally wanted the LTE version, but read bad reviews on the connectivity.

Last edited:
Yes. But Satnav systems are not fitting then as the connection through LTE has been unreliable and caused them ongoing service issues.

By all means try an LTE version and let me know how it goes as I originally wanted the LTE version, but read bad reviews on the connectivity.
That’s interesting to me as I’ve never noticed any connectivity issues with mine.

Hi all

I fitted a DR900X-2CH with the CM100LTE. The LTE unit works well, it's Vodafone, so whatever their signal is. Never used the built in LTE ones, in my head the seperate unit would work better. The seperate unit has the ability for 5 consecutive units attached for wifi, the in built LTE could not (that may have changed).

As the perm live runs off the starter you can only run the camera off EHU as long as you set the unit for its cutoff value. Which is barely any time really. So if you're looking for it to run overnight your looking at the battery pack additions too.

Plates is fine. We have used to download footage in full res and the quality and detail is spot on.

Last edited:
Back