Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackberry Beach Ordered Today - need fridge advice

P

pscrompton

Hi,

After a long time deliberating we have now ordered a new Beach to replace our T4 Bilbos Celeste.
Ordered a 2 seat bench 140 in Blackberry with parking heater, sensors F&R, sliding electric door, detachable towbar, awning, spare seat and Kenwood DNX521DAB.

Now got long wait until July/August which will give me time to decide on a few accessories.

Can people tell me what fridge they use. Ideally I would like one to fit in front of the storage bench, behind the passenger seat which works on 240v or 12v - any advice appreciated.

Also If anyone knows people interested in buying a T4 Bilbos Celeste send me a message and I will forward details.

Cheers

waeco cf35 is simply amazing, it will fit in that space but you'll have to sort something to hold it down.

Personally we have ours on top of the storage box lashed down to the loading eyes

2013-05-11%2013.11.48.jpg

Mollen said:
Hi,

Im thinking about webasto/isotherms tb-18 as im sure it will fit between the front seats.

http://pbautoelectrics.co.uk/leisure/pr ... ox-18-1224

But the best one out there is the waeco cfx35,

http://www.mps-trading.co.uk/waeco-cfx- ... reezer~107.

// Mart

Just be aware with the CFX that it's wider than the CF and will not fit next too the bench seat as per my first photo. This means if you decided to add a pod latter on you would have to use a different set out from the maxxcamp one

http://www.maxxcamp.de/de-wAssets/img/2 ... 47f601.jpg

You need something similar to this to bolt it down

kuehlboxhalterung-extern.jpg

Thanks for the advice - the CF35 looks good
Can you tell me roughly how long the fridge will work on the leisure battery if not being charged ie just sat on a campsite and not being driven.

Not sure off the top of my head, we usually have an electric hook up. Think you do get the hook up now on the Beach dont you ?

A lot of it depends on temperatures, what your running it at and the ambient temps. It runs all day parked up at the beach thou so we have cold beers and wine :smile :D

As a side note the fridge in the Full fat cali is a Waeco as well I believe :)

Thanks.
Yes new Beach has hook up as standard although dealer can't give me much detail about it ie where sockets are and how many there are.

One plug, situated behind the passenger seat below the 12v socket, perfect for your fridge:). Took deliver of our Beach three weeks ago and that heater is brilliant!

Some pics here of the Waeco CF 40 in its protective jacket (free with the fridge) in my Beach.
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5282&hilit=+fridge

Just going to use a strap to anchor it to the back of the passenger seat for now. Will build a proper sledge to attach it to the rails later. I have the Waeco fixing bracket and the VW bolts for the rails just need the time to make it.

Andy

we went for the waeco 18 - and it is great! This is the 3rd one we've tried, the others were dreadful and really didn't work. Would recommend shelling out for the waeco in the first instance and picking your size. We find we can get lots into the 18 - more spacious than it appears.

Goldie said:
Some pics here of the Waeco CF 40 in its protective jacket (free with the fridge) in my Beach.
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5282&hilit=+fridge

Just going to use a strap to anchor it to the back of the passenger seat for now. Will build a proper sledge to attach it to the rails later. I have the Waeco fixing bracket and the VW bolts for the rails just need the time to make it.

Andy

Hi andy,

I've just bought. The cfx40 and was looking for a securing solution that won't break the bank (£100 for a board from maxx camp seems a bit much). Can you tell me where you got the rail mounts and fixing bracket?

Thanks

We've just bought the waeco cf25 but was surprised how spacious the cf 18 seemed & the carry handle was great.

We have a 35l electric cool box we've been using but just find it so bulky in the van & the cfx 35 was so heavy even when empty.

We opted for the 25 as it seemed to fit well in several places we tried in the van & like how the basket is removable to make it easier to carry items to/from the house without carrying the whole Fridge.

Left it plugged in overnight so will see what the leisure battery indicator days in the morning!

Thought these photos might help others making the choice
18 and 25
IMG_20140510_110951.jpg

35, 25, 18
IMG_20140510_110453.jpg

25, 18
IMG_20140510_110458.jpg

IMG_20140510_133638.jpg

Hi. Have just posted my first topic on the genral t5 forum page. One of my questions was about the Blackberry colour as i may go for it. I then found your link.
Have you had your Beach delivered, and if so was the colour everything you thought it would be. I can not find a a Beach to look at re the Blackberry colour, so it would be a bit of a gamble
tHANKS ;)

Hi

Picked my blackberry beach up Friday and went away this weekend. I was a little unsure when ordering but am really happy with the colour - looks great in the sun.

Back