Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Big Day Today!!

S

Stu

Guest User
On the train to collect our Cali, about 10 mins from the station nearest the dealers now. :barmy

Gotta get ready to part with some serious wedge :shocked

Good luck Stu, did you remember your handover checklist? Be good to see some photo's later :thumb

Very exciting!

I flew up to Manchester to get ours and couldn't sit still! Still amazed you can stick £45k on a debit card!

Enjoy the experience Stu!

Thanks guys.

I have to say the train journey was quite smooth if not somewhat expensive.

Camera is packed, hopefully won't forget to take pics in my excitement.

Martin, useful handover checklist is packed.

Bit of a stomp ...!! Well if your coming from Kent it would be .... Lol

2 more people signing their life away today then .... I maybe next :)

Wow what a great day its going to be for you - I've always loved picking up new motors but I reckon picking up a Cali would be something very special :thumb

Mmm why do I feel slightly jealous :oops: :mrgreen:

Have a good one :D

Hi Stu

Now thats a big day have a good one and enjoy it.

Gary & Heather

Well today was indeed a big day and quite an expensive one at that. Not every day you spend that kind of cash, so quite sobering.

We arrived at the dealers as planned and the Cali was all ready and waiting for us outside. Paperwork and essentials completed we were handed the keys and prompted to go and roam around ourselves for a bit before the salesman joined us for the material part of the handover which as expected went smoothly.

The drive home was around 120 miles of mainly motorway but some in town traffic which returned a reasonable 32 mpg.

We're both knackered following a sleepless night and early start this morning so for now the Cali is parked up on the drive and I'm armed with the manuals for some light bedtime reading. :rofl

Some pictures of the Cali -

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Nice one Stu, the Dakar's look really nice with the natural grey, i am still very tempted !

Looks great Stu. That is a really nice colour - it works really well with the alloys.

Doug.

Martin said:
Nice one Stu, the Dakar's look really nice with the natural grey, i am still very tempted !

They look better than I'd anticipated to be honest Martin -

DakarPhoto.jpg

KernowLad said:
Looks great!

doug said:
Looks great Stu. That is a really nice colour - it works really well with the alloys.

Doug.

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure the Mrs is totally convinced on the colour. She wanted the Blue I think.

Tell her my missus insisted on grey for ours. And she's dead trendy (okay maybe not but you can make something up!)... :lol:

I like your thinking. Might be a problem if they ever meet though, might get found out. :rofl

Stu, it is tradition to read the user manual whilst sleeping in the cali on the drive for the first night :)

Martin said:
Stu, it is tradition to read the user manual whilst sleeping in the cali on the drive for the first night :)

I've had two people ask me already if I'm sleeping on the drive tonight. :laugh2

Stu said:
I like your thinking. Might be a problem if they ever meet though, might get found out. :rofl

I'd prime her in advance... :mrgreen:

She is quite trendy though in all honesty...

Anyway, enjoy - we all think it looks great!

Slightly worrying stu with regards to the bedtime reading ,but I'll not knock it ,as it's going to be me in afew weeks ..:)

I'm afraid I'm a bit anal with manuals Lee. I know it goes totally against everything a man should represent but I always read the manuals. :laugh2

I didn't just spend 45 large to break something because I didn't spend an hour reading the manual :headwall

oh how exciting, love the colour and nice wheels :thumb

hope you enjoyed your bed time reading :grin:

I do love that colour with the black awning wheels etc ... Lovely ...good street presence say no more :) :)

Looks great mate, if only they did the berghaus with a DSG box that would be me sorted.

The springs look good to, think they are defo on my list. Did the dealer fit them for you or was it a total factory build?

Thanks. DSG would have been my choice too, but then given the choice I'd have also added 4Mo.

I had them fitted at the dealers before delivery.