Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bed to seats..

K

KateW

Help, cannot convert bed back to seat, any advice?
Kate

Silly question but have you pulled the loop tht is situated between the two seatbelt clips in the middle of the bench seat then pull on back of seat to raise

Tell us how far you have got; so we know what bit you are stuck on!

There are a few approaches. It helps to pull the seat an inch or so towards the front of the van before trying to raise the back of the seat. That is done by either sitting on the seat, operating the handle nearest the door and walking the seat forward or sitting in the drivers seat, operating the handle and pulling the seat towards you (my favourite method). If the seat is a little reluctant, you can also pull it from the area where the seatbelts plug in.

New seats can be a little reluctant the first couple of times so make sure you are pulling the handle up enough for it to disconnect. If unsure, try "rocking" the seat backand forth a couple of times.

Now to raise the back, there is a webbing strap/loop in the gap between the seatbelt things (what are they called...?!) you may need to reach in and rummage! If you can't find it, slide your hand down the back of the bottom of the seat and pull - the sholw bottom of the seat will tip up (hinged at the front) to allow access.

When you pull on the loop, the back should pop up. On ours, a little pressure applied to the rear of the bottom of the seat is enough to pop it up.

Then pull up the handle, push the seat back. Jone done.

:D Thank you so much.
I had not managed to locate the strap, after 15 mins of rummaging around, I eventually found it, works perfectly,
Thanks again
Kate