Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach ordered - not confirmed....

smudge07

smudge07

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Great forum so much useful help and advice - first post so go easy.

Need a bigger car new baby and having rented an SE ordered a new beach 2 weeks ago. It is fixed spec (missed the window to order one to my spec) which was almost perfect for us so went ahead paid deposit.

Problem is order still not confirmed and dealer (VW van centre Aberdeen) not filling me with hope I am in good hands ie vague replies to emails.

Would you think the order considering the spec is fixed should take so long to confirm? I was hoping for delivery soon but was that wishful thinking.

If it takes much longer I wonder if I should cancel and wait for T6 - really wanted the car for this year (before Sept at least) what do you think?

Sounds frustrating, some dealers don't seem to be interested in customers. If you can't get a straight answer you may be better waiting for the T6 or finding someone with a pre reg T5.

At this point I'd wait for the T6 or buy 2nd hand.

Welcome Smudge,

I guess you may have bought one the dealer would have put on as a demonstrator. When I collected mine in N.I., the dealer quizzed me regarding colour, spec etc., for the next demonstrator which he had to stock as a Van Centre. He made the mistake of ordering mine with double glazing (no privacy) which he had trouble shifting. I put film on for £250 and it's fine.

I'm sure they've got much better since then in understanding the 'must haves'.

You should be able to get a full print out of the spec and may find a few extras, e.g. Mine had cruise control that wasn't listed. The printout was about 5 pages.

Hopefully you managed to get a decent discount.

Andy

Thanks guys for your thoughts. Andy will get print out see what is there - free stuff always nice:0)
I am thinking about swapping my deposit for a new T6 now that the German site has them listed although I know I won't get a discount with it just released.

Drive the deal car broker will no doubt help get some money off at some point.

I only managed 8% off the T5 which isn't too bad. I was content with the T5 thinking I would get it quickly but at this rate may as well wait for the new one.......I can't decide!!

hi I went into the van centre in Edinburgh today and they have a beach in the showroom in white un registered and a grey demonstrator obviously the old model, they were helpful when I bought mine from them especially david millar

Thanks for the advice - I cancelled the order and guess what 6 hours later the order gets confirmed!! Build date end of June and delivery end of July/August. Great news until the bottom of the email where they point out the build date may slide......

I was happy with the discount and the current model if I could get it quicklyish however I get the feeling it will be Sept at least so going to wait for the T6 beach.

I will give Edinburgh a call see what they say about a deposit for a T6.

Thanks for the advice - I cancelled the order and guess what 6 hours later the order gets confirmed!! Build date end of June and delivery end of July/August. Great news until the bottom of the email where they point out the build date may slide......

I was happy with the discount and the current model if I could get it quicklyish however I get the feeling it will be Sept at least so going to wait for the T6 beach.

I will give Edinburgh a call see what they say about a deposit for a T6.
hi smudge. just seen this thread. did you manage to get anywhere regarding the t6 from Edinburgh
maxi

Hi Maxi - I have left a deposit with Edinburgh this week so I am first in line when the T6 arrives - thanks for the recommendation they were helpful - very excited.

So I asked the same question yesterday to my local dealer Can I pre order a T6 cali , answer not taking any orders or deposits until there is a timeline for the T6 cali, he also told me that this was VW policy ???

Did you manage to find out if your beach is getting made?
Last build week was 22 for all Calis

Hi Baxter - sorry for the late reply been moving house.......
The van is being built and it transpires they didn't refund my deposit!! The beach will be ready in a few weeks and I am wondering now to just go for t and use it rather than wait. Edinburgh told me March next year for the T6. We could really get some use out of one this year - but the new bits in the T6 sound good too especially the lower running costs and road tax if we hang on to it for a number of years.

T6 be in the long run you will save money.

T6 will save you money on fuel but there is a price increase plus trying to get your head around factory options at this stage is a nightmare. Plus build dates are not confirmed. We are prob looking at next year some time to launch plus discounts will be zero
I'd grab one whilst you can
As there is little change
As Volkswagen said to me in Spain " we are not after reinventing the wheel guys". I.e. Why fix something that's not broken!

Read a review from a Cali enthusiast today thats been to the Limmer plant to see the T6 Cali and his response was that its so similar that he would't sell a T5 to get one if you still had warranty.

Back