Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cherry Red 66 Reg Beach DSG 150bhp

VW Cali

VW Cali

Guest User
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Already posted in Introduce Thyself and Beginners forums.

Expecting car to arrive late August or early September. Was dealer spec but jumped queue by paying deposit few weeks ago. Had never even heard a Cali until 2 months ago when I ran into one on the Street.

(Sorry, I lie. Few years ago, one of my trainers showed up with one, and was the object of much fun from yours truly. He was only 26, but then was a triathlon champion and outdoorsy, so I now get it. Finally!).

Why did I buy it? Well, paying about 50k GBP with all extras but so much more than the ubiquitous luxury 4x4 I was looking at. Evokes a sense of freedom, but who knows. Could be massive blunder!

Might have been sensibke to pick up new Ocean for just tad more, but will never cook inside, plus wanted extra seats....

Will miss having extra bhp and 4 Motion but spec is what it was. Let's see.

Welcome sounds perfect for what you want. Presume it has the heater?

Mike

Welcome sounds perfect for what you want. Presume it has the heater?

Mike

I hope so! I think it does...

Missing comfort dash and reversing camera both of which I would have added.

Plus I would have wanted the 204 bhp 4 Motion.

Cherry Red may not have been first choice colour either. It does have about 7-8k of extras.

Bit of an impulse buy...let's see.

Hi there.

Just to add to Mike's comments above, suggest you check that the front seats do indeed swivel 180 degrees. This really is a must in a camper van, especially if there are more than 2 of you in it.
There is an option known as 'Comfort Seats' which do not swivel - not an option that's recommended!

Good luck with the van
Tom

Hi, nice to share your excitement but this is the 3rd thread you've started with the same news!

I think I've established you are posting in different sections of the forum. That's not usually necessary as most of us just use the new (or recent) posts feature, so we see everything.

And well said! Please delete all but one thread if you think right.

Not that excited yet tbh. Just very unsure.

Hi there.

Just to add to Mike's comments above, suggest you check that the front seats do indeed swivel 180 degrees. This really is a must in a camper van, especially if there are more than 2 of you in it.
There is an option known as 'Comfort Seats' which do not swivel - not an option that's recommended!

Good luck with the van
Tom

Thanks Tom,

Luckily, due to this very forum and a thread called "Swivelgate" I stopped myself from buying a Cali with comfort seats!

A great forum, even if everyone seems to be a pikey pensioner!

(In jest, lest I inadvertently offend!)

Thanks Tom,

Luckily, due to this very forum and a thread called "Swivelgate" I stopped myself from buying a Cali with comfort seats!

Glad to hear!
If you've read that thread then you'll have come across me already...:Grin

All the best :thumb

Glad to hear!
If you've read that thread then you'll have come across me already...:Grin

All the best :thumb

Thanks.

Got an update crom dealer:

"The vehicle has left the factory and is on its way to the docks in Germany."

So hopefully looking to pick it up around 01 Sept and the new 66 registration.

One of the things missing is the reversing camera (and unfortunately the comfort dash). In discussion with dealer about getting one fitted before pick up but seem to be expensive option

Hmm..

Now there is another cherry red Cali in the area. Who could it be?

Back