Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Insurance

B

BikerBoy

VIP Member
Comfort dont cover as it doesn't meet their specification of motor home.

Can you share which Insurance company you are using please with advice on how good/bad please.

:thanks

Got a sensible looking quote from Advance (Aviva cover).

It might be worth going back to Comfort and telling them this, as their policies are underwritten by Aviva.

I changed mine over from my Altea to the Beach on Directline, with no problems. Not sure how the annual price stacks up, as there was a fee for the change, and a fee for cancelation, so i decided, for the next 3 months, that the existing policy will do.

Also took out GAP insurance through ALA, though waiting for them to confirm if I should have described the Beach as a car or van.

BikerBoy said:
Comfort dont cover as it doesn't meet their specification of motor home.

Can you share which Insurance company you are using please with advice on how good/bad please.

:thanks

Comfort offered me insurance??

James

Did you take it up?

Did you go through the detail on the phone with them? It was at this stage the issue came up.

BikerBoy said:
Did you take it up?

Did you go through the detail on the phone with them? It was at this stage the issue came up.

I was surprised because I expected that issue - I just got the quote - I have it in PDF format at the mo and it is a California Beach.

Perhaps I did not explain enough. To be fair I had not given the reg because I did not know it at that stage.

James

Aviva who u/w the Advance/Comfort policies won't cover Beach as a motor home.

Advance have managed to get me cover but price/terms are not as good as an SE Cali.

Vehicle doesn't appear to have an ABI category. :headwall

VW need to up their game and get the insurers onside.

Who's had a good quote and policy completion?

BikerBoy said:
Aviva who u/w the Advance/Comfort policies won't cover Beach as a motor home.

Advance have managed to get me cover but price/terms are not as good as an SE Cali.

Vehicle doesn't appear to have an ABI category. :headwall

VW need to up their game and get the insurers onside.

Who's had a good quote and policy completion?

Adrian Flux sorted me out :)

James

I use Adrian flux to insure my Vw t2 1971 camper ... They do alot of classic and alot of vw's .

choplee said:
I use Adrian flux to insure my Vw t2 1971 camper ... They do alot of classic and alot of vw's .

Yes - I used them to insure my Vanagon as well - I should have gone to them in the first place lol

I ended up using Direct Line to insure mine, but had to do it over the phone for the Beach. With 8 years no-claims (!) I managed to get it down to around £300 :lol: including protected NCD, legal protection and a hire-car! I am 46, so an old slow fart. Contents not covered though, but I think that's always a risk with your kit in a van. We have another car and our house insured with Direct Line, so that also helped to batter the premium down.

Back