Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Bristol and 5 seats

apforrest

apforrest

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Does anyone in Bristol (ideally north Bristol) have a Beach camper with 3 seats at the back?

We’re looking to buy one but can’t find any to have a look around. Specifically we have 3 kids and would love to see the bed down and how they’d all fit alongside each other. Also keen to see the stowaway hob.

If you’re happy for us to come by and have a look, please do reach out to me. This’ll be a big help. Thanks

I don't live anywhere close but do have a Beach with a 3 seat bench. You don't say the ages/sizes of your kids but my two kids (3 and 6) who are both tall for their age (both in the top percentile) fit without any problem. Normally, my wife and I sleep in the roof but we do occasionally sleep with one of us and the two kids on the bench bed without too much problem.

Three young kids should work but obviously at some point they are going to outgrow the situation. I guess that's when you need to look at a tent or other solution. We are planning on getting one of these when it becomes necessary - https://www.kuckoo-camper.de/en/bruno/

The stowaway hob is neat but we don't use it as we see more disadvantages than advantages to cooking inside the van. We do all the cooking outside or under the tailgate (get a pull out drawer), I don't want cooking smells, fat/food mess and steam in a relatively small vehicle. I think your either a campervan owner looking for a mobile hotel room or a campervan owner looking for a superior tent, we're the latter. It does make a useful table extension though.

Agree with all of the above. In Leeds should you ever be nearby you’d be welcome to look.

When its just me and the kids I’ve slept downstairs with both of them (3 and 7) no problem.

We‘ve used the stove a handful of times in 2.5 years. Always cook outside for many reasons.

Get one! :)

Thanks both. That Kuckoo camper looks amazing.

If anyone is Bristol way and has a van we could look at, please do reach out. Seems impossible to find anyone that has one we can look at in the area and would seem like sensible thing to do before we look to make a purchase.

We are in Bath! We have 3 kids and the 3 seat beach. Ours is a 2019 so doesn’t have the stove.
We have husband and 10 yr old up top, me and 12 year old downstairs and small 8 year old across front seats. We did have her on the bottom with us for a while but I spent the whole night stopping them rolling onto each other as they wiggle a lot!

Ooo, that’s interesting! What have you used for going across the chairs? Has it worked well for you all?