Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning

S

simonizzy

VIP Member
Has anyone bought one of Brandup side panels for the roll out awning? They seem very expensive for a sheet of tent fabric which you can buy off Ebay for £10. How do they fasten onto the top of the awning? How big are they ?

simonizzy said:
Has anyone bought one of Brandup side panels for the roll out awning? They seem very expensive for a sheet of tent fabric which you can buy off Ebay for £10. How do they fasten onto the top of the awning? How big are they ?
Hi

I've just bought a side and front wall from california-camping.de - only arrived on Wednesday, came well recommended, worked out at £252.00 inc discount and p&p - Ulli speaks english which helps a lot - superb quality - fit to the rails by way of a large full length zip and ties and pegs to the floor, all supplied - arrived within 4 days.

Came well recommended by Martin and he posted a picture on a previous thread " windbreakers"

Hope this helps

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I will contact them to get a price. I didn't realise they had a long zip on them. I was intrigued how they fastened on to the Awning.

Regards

Simon

I decided to buy two awning sides and a front. I thought it would be good to have a window in too and go for the blue colour to match the Cali.
As previously mentioned they are great people to deal with - it took two weeks to get mine as they had to make it to order. The quality looks really good.
Ulli recommended the silver colour as it reflects the sun but I will be using it mainly in the UK and so need all the warmth I can get so went for the blue anyway.

Of course I had to try it immediately - see picture below (sorry about the quality). As I was parked on a drive the awning isnt pegged down so the sides were blowing about a bit in the breeze.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Ulli and the side panels.

Doug

awning.jpg

they do different colours on the sides .. :?: :?: :?:

yes - Silver, dark blue, light blue and anthracite according to Ulli.

doug said:
yes - Silver, dark blue, light blue and anthracite according to Ulli.

Cool .... That's another accessory to put on my list ... I may have to get a second job to pay for the ever growing list .. The more I buy of my list the longer it gets for some reason ..lol