Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AutoGlym convertible hood protector

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone used this AutoGlym convertible hood protector or something similar and would recommend or should you not use anything

Has anyone used this AutoGlym convertible hood protector or something similar and would recommend or should you not use anything
No have not used it. From what I understand from their add is that it is developed for cabriolets that have no hardtop and are parked outside.
I am not poging to use it, more than 10 experience with Cali learns me that cleaning the pop-top with a damp cloth after a couple of weeks holiday use is sufficient. Especially with the current (T6) pop-tops, but also the canvas one of a T5. Most important with that one is to let it dry a.s.a.p. when collapsed in a wet condition to prevent mould

No have not used it. From what I understand from their add is that it is developed for cabriolets that have no hardtop and are parked outside.
I am not poging to use it, more than 10 experience with Cali learns me that cleaning the pop-top with a damp cloth after a couple of weeks holiday use is sufficient. Especially with the current (T6) pop-tops, but also the canvas one of a T5. Most important with that one is to let it dry a.s.a.p. when collapsed in a wet condition to prevent mould
poging = planning

We‘ve used it twice on a Audi A3 soft top. We’ve only had the vehicle for two years so don't know the history prior to us owning the car. I’ve applied the cleaner followed by the waterproofer twice. It’s easy to apply but keep both solutions off glass and paintwork. It’s given the aluminium windscreen surround a bit of a haze and takes some getting off glass (To be expected). The instructions do tell you to cover these areas. Water beads on the roof after treatment for a good 6 months and the fabric looks jet black after treatment rather than a faded black. The cleaner and protector come in a pack together but I’ve always ended up having half a bottle of cleaner left after one treatment but the protector runs out. From memory Autoexpress magazine did a taste test challenge with this and other cleaners and it came out on top. I’ll attach a link if I can find it. Phil

Back