Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Audi Drivers

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Don't get me wrong, I have owned several Audi's myself but why oh why when ever I am tailgated it is always an Audi!

Reason I post this is, on three occasions today on a 100 mile journey I was tailgated to about 10 feet all by Audi's! At all times I was at the speed limit however these p***ks still sit on my backside trying to overtake even on dangerous bends.

I realise other types tailgate too, but I have noticed a change from Beemers to Audi's over the past year as the winners of the complete arehole drivers award.

Rant over, sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I have owned several Audi's myself but why oh why when ever I am tailgated it is always an Audi!

Reason I post this is, on three occasions today on a 100 mile journey I was tailgated to about 10 feet all by Audi's! At all times I was at the speed limit however these p***ks still sit on my backside trying to overtake even on dangerous bends.

I realise other types tailgate too, but I have noticed a change from Beemers to Audi's over the past year as the winners of the complete arehole drivers award.

Rant over, sorry.
Showing off their LED headlights?:D

You are pretty much quoting Jeremy Clarkson on top gear some years ago.
"BMW man has become Audi man"
You are not alone in our thoughts.

It's a strange thing we type cast like this I wonder how it can be.......
1) I too have had BMW's and Audi's and never consciously tailgate anyone. In fact I leave such a braking distance I annoy myself sometimes because so many people take advantage of the gap (but its way more relaxing than being stuck to the car in front).
2) I do see exactly what you are talking about and for sure, proportionally an audi driver is way more likely to tail gate than a honda Jazz driver if we use extremes.

Life is a fascinating thing....
The more intelligent teenagers that I know are happy to not mope around with their hood up in the sunshine and rise above the need to to do it to feel like the belong and realise they are not a blind sheep.
Yet many hoodies will get a decent education and prosper.

You are pretty much quoting Jeremy Clarkson on top gear some years ago.
"BMW man has become Audi man"
You are not alone in our thoughts.

It's a strange thing we type cast like this I wonder how it can be.......
1) I too have had BMW's and Audi's and never consciously tailgate anyone. In fact I leave such a braking distance I annoy myself sometimes because so many people take advantage of the gap (but its way more relaxing than being stuck to the car in front).
2) I do see exactly what you are talking about and for sure, proportionally an audi driver is way more likely to tail gate than a honda Jazz driver if we use extremes.

Life is a fascinating thing....
The more intelligent teenagers that I know are happy to not mope around with their hood up in the sunshine and rise above the need to to do it to feel like the belong and realise they are not a blind sheep.
Yet many hoodies will get a decent education and prosper.
I have noticed when running, it is always German cars which cause me to have to dive into the hedge. They definitely seem to be driven more aggressively than vehicles from other countries!

Rant over, sorry.

I am still waiting for my Cali but I thought the visibility out the rear was poor enough that you could not see tailgaters even if you wanted to. Is this yet another excuse for me to order a bike rack??

It’s the windscreen glass in Audi’s, makes things look further away. ;)

I am still waiting for my Cali but I thought the visibility out the rear was poor enough that you could not see tailgaters even if you wanted to. Is this yet another excuse for me to order a bike rack??
Yes :mute

He’s behind you. Precisely zero f**ks given. :thefinger

between Audi's and BMW's I found it was a BMW that actually run up our T5's rear so for me the score is BMW 1 Audi 0. As long as they are behind your tailgate and not in it is the real issue.

I usually find Range Rovers and Audis on a similar ratio. Annoyingly when I see a suitable gap to move over into they then come up and block me in.

I have noticed when running, it is always German cars which cause me to have to dive into the hedge. They definitely seem to be driven more aggressively than vehicles from other countries!

The last person to drive me into a hedge when I was running was driving a fiat powered big white :shocked

The humiliation of knowing it was just a lumbering underpowered clapped out gin palace on wheels instead of something smart and upmarket was crushing :D

I found the same although not just Audis. More and more Volvos are doing the bad driver bit. I have a theory that people just don't like to be behind vans.

A lot of the problem is that because they are tailgating they have no forward view of the traffic and believe that you are lane hogging. There is also the factor that you are a 'van' and shouldn't be able to do the legal speeds, in their blinkered world.

I find that the same type of cars do it to our small car so it's not just a Cali issue.

I get a some pleasure out of watching them disappear up the road when I'm doing the legal limit in an average speed camera check zone.

I was once tailgated by white van man for some distance while driving my BMW Z4 at 30mph in a built up area. Approaching some Traffic Officers interviewing a boy racer in the lay-by opposite had an instant affect and he suddenly decided he didn't want to climb into my boot after all.......I find a lot of drivers of no specific make seem strangely more attracted to the rear of my Z4 than my Cali????

Sounds like your not driving fast enough.
Speed up or get out the way...!!!

Guilty as charged in the past Bellcrew, I've a clean licence at present, I'd like to keep it that way if I can - although difficult with all these sneaky cameras everywhere (and tailgaters forever trying to push you faster). I do like a blast when I can, just like to obey the law as much as possible even if they don't - particularly in urban areas.

They are probably cheap on the company car lists at present...

My usual response to tailgaters is to gently slow down a little or just ignore them and drive as normal.

Get a passenger to deploy the waste water tank lever at 70mph, cue Audi front end covered in a mix of fairy liquid, toothpaste and pasta water - boom, take that.:punch

And as I was reading this thread so something pops into my email box :D

I wonder if they have a "Tailgater of the year" award? :(

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 15.48.55.png

Rant over, sorry.
Your driving too fast and in the wrong lane. Audis and BMWs have never heard of the slow lane. Keep to a relaxing 60mph and you can spend your time tailgating battered old Hondas. :thumb

Last edited:
Back