Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AO14MKV - Did this belong to anybody on here?

Popthetop

Popthetop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

A friend of mine is looking to join the fraternity and has spotted AO14MKV for sale at a dealer in Norwich. Did it belong to anybody on here? If so, did it have any oil usage problems (is a 180). Thanks, Lee

There were changes made after 2010/11, but a revised EGR cooler was introduced in 2015 specifically to address oil usage.

There were changes made after 2010/11, but a revised EGR cooler was introduced in 2015 specifically to address oil usage.
I would like to see your evidence regarding this comment relating to the EGR valve? and I don’t regard Facebook comments as evidence I’m afraid.

I would like to see your evidence regarding this comment relating to the EGR valve? and I don’t regard Facebook comments as evidence I’m afraid.

This made me look toward a wider search, I happened to find the Facebook
page:

The theory is that the interior of the EGR valve/cooler breaks down and the particles are carried by the exhaust gas passing through the valve into the Engine Inlet along with fresh air and hence the cylinders.
View attachment 18130

Last edited:
This made me look toward a wider search, I happened to find the Facebook
page:
As I said, a Theory, that is not substantiated by any actual evidence.

2010/2011 CFCA had a problem that was supposedly fixed for Model Year 2012.

Virtually ALL the vehicles mentioned in the Facebook Group and in some threads on this Forum were 2010/2011 models.

I think it is wrong that these vehicles, despite being of low annual milage should not be repaired by VW with VW making a substantial contribution.

BUT there is absolutely no evidence that other Model Years with the CFCA engines are affected.

As I said, a Theory, that is not substantiated by any actual evidence.

2010/2011 CFCA had a problem that was supposedly fixed for Model Year 2012.

Virtually ALL the vehicles mentioned in the Facebook Group and in some threads on this Forum were 2010/2011 models.

I think it is wrong that these vehicles, despite being of low annual milage should not be repaired by VW with VW making a substantial contribution.

BUT there is absolutely no evidence that other Model Years with the CFCA engines are affected.

Thanks for that.

Mine was. I received a post warranty goodwill contribution for a replacement EGR cooler from VW on the basis of elevated al particles in the oil - as a result of an oil test commissioned by the dealer.

So we’ll have to agree to differ.

Back