Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

another thing I have to buy for France now!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
looking on french campsite stuff..(ok big family things with pools not small hideaways)...on nearly all I see a note saying NO SWIM SHORTS :shocked after realising it was not about skinny dipping but about blokes having to wear budgie smugglers...(possibly a worse thought)..
looks like a trip to the speedo shop then....
err can I have a a pair of those two pin polarity tested skimpy things with the featuring the new breath test accessory and free built in deflectors please. oh and can I have GB embroidered on the back..
5 days and counting... (and weather watching to see which way to head from Calais!)

Yes this is totally bizarre. I had it explained to me that it's because long shorts absorb more water from the pool than trunks, so it's a water efficiency measure. What ??!!! But I'm yet to see a campsite that bans splashing about in the pool or diving in ... No, I think long shorts equal British yobs in many peoples' eyes ...

I've been to lots of sites that have said this, but never worn budgie smugglers! They just don't seem to enforce it!

For me the more wierd rule was at a site on Lake Garda where you had to wear a swimming hat in the pool.......and we did, the whole family :?

hi david we came back from france yesterday we had a week in vannes it was absolutly stunning,80 degrees too all week,the campsite we stayed on was penboch a 4 star site really nice and clean.. it had 2 pools one inside one outside,jacuzzi and two big water slides also rite on the sea,not a huge site like a haven type thats not my kind of thing to be honest, but just a nice size and quiet too,or atleast last week it was?? maybe different in high season?? also we took an inflatable kyack and after tea took it down to the sea were there is loads of little islands scattered about that you can row out too.... we will defo be goin there again,, also stayed on an aire on the way back were we have stayed before right it the town center forget the name but can look it up if needed.

forgot to say, it said the same thing on the sighn about wearing shorts :shocked but me and my son dont do trunks board shorts only and nobody said a thing :grin: very chilled owners

Funny reading this, we are in France at the moment and the pools all seem to require you to wear Peedo's rather than shorts 'because of Health & Safety'. not sure why as the Peedo's aren't too flattering and to be honest pose a risk to mental health.

But, most people do seem to be wearing them, although I think they see them as being in vogue.

Just booking our campsites for the summer hols at the moment and we have now moved from Spain over to Italy ( Don't ask) and all the Italian campsites you not only have to wear Speedo's but swimming hats aswell :shocked

Martin said:
Just booking our campsites for the summer hols at the moment and we have now moved from Spain over to Italy ( Don't ask) and all the Italian campsites you not only have to wear Speedo's but swimming hats aswell :shocked

Where abouts are you going. We had this last year. They allowed me to wear a baseball cap! :D

I once swam in the Uni pool at was told I had to wear budgie smugglers AND a hat. I was keen to get in so...

...borrowed both.

Looking back makes me think "what the HELL was I thinking?!"

I never went back.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Martin said:
Just booking our campsites for the summer hols at the moment and we have now moved from Spain over to Italy ( Don't ask) At all the Italian campsites you not only have to wear Speedo's but swimming hats aswell :shocked

Where abouts are you going. We had this last year. They allowed me to wear a baseball cap! :D

It keeps changing!! we were heading to Lake Garda but although it is hot they are having alot of rain at the moment, so we are now looking at playing it safe and staying on the Med coast around Liguria , I am very much open to suggestions though

Back