Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alloys

Oggie

Oggie

VIP Member
Hi,

I picked up my 2008 California yesterday and although I love it, I want to pimp it up a bit so have ordered some side bars and 20" alloys.....

Any tips on whether 20" is a bit big? I couldn't decide between 18" or 20" but then spotted these and had to get them.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271064262564? ... 1423.l2649

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
Rob

19 OR 18 look better .are these wheels TUV approved .and load rated to are vans .is off set the same .have to remember are vans are 3 ton with all the gear in it . :shocked .hope this helps .dont go to low on profile .i did and had to blow outs on the rear .i do run on coilovers :doh

Sounds like you've made ya mind up already lol

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I think the van conversions seem to work better with the larger aftermarket wheels, whilst Calis tend to look more purposeful on 18's

That said,I think your 20's look great, but they are at the top end of where you want to be. I think the downsides are that the ride may become over-firm, but suck it & see. Decent 20" rubber seems extortionate tho.

Cheers for replies. I pretty much decided but wanted to get some feedback from the guys on here as there's obviously a lot of experience. If there had been an overwhelming No! Then I would have gone back to the drawing board :)

Oggie said:
Cheers for replies. I pretty much decided but wanted to get some feedback from the guys on here as there's obviously a lot of experience. If there had been an overwhelming No! Then I would have gone back to the drawing board :)

Yet if you go on the T4/T5 forum they'll all say at least 20"! :lol: :lol: :doh

I'd say 18" max to retain long distance cruising comfort.

Finally got the van back with the new alloys fitted and heading off for my first night tonight :)

NewVan2.jpg

Well oggie ....the Cali looks treats with her new boots on and bling bars :)
People are now starting to stray from the Cali norm on accessories and I think this is good otherwise we all end up looking all the same ...
:)

The old chequered bra's are popular :thumb :thumb