Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice please re dash warning lights

Lawrie

Lawrie

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi
I am hoping someone can check on their vehicle to advise if I have a problem or not. I have owned a T6 Ocean from new. It s fitted with the auto lights and wipers feature. After 12 months it has only just dawned on me that when the dipped beam is on (regardless of whether or not they are auto on or manually set to on) there is no corresponding warning light displayed in the dash. If you put on main beam I get the blue warning lamp for that.
I only noted this whilst on a trip to Europe last month when travelling into thick fog I noted there was no warning light of the dipped beam and then when I switched on the fog lamps, front and rear only one fog warning lamp illuminated.
I have checked the owners manual and as I see it there should be both a front and rear fog warning lamp in the dash and a dipped beam warning also. However having taken it into my dealers they advise that is not the case, if they are right it will be the first vehicle I have ever owned without those warning lights..
Is there anyone who can reassure me one way or the other please.
Many thanks
Lawrie

I do not have a warning light in the main binnacle but the light switch, the rotary wheel, glows when lights are on.

I have a warning light for Dipped Beam. I switch on Dipped Beam and the road lights up.:rolleyes:
Switch on the Front Foglights and the road in front lights up even more.:rolleyes:

There are No Dashboard warning lights for Dipped Beam or Front Fog Lights apart from the switch illumination and switch position. That is normal.

I'm not in a position to check for a few days but I did notice that when I ran the latest version of Carista it gave the option to turn on all sorts of warning lights. Might be a couple of weeks before I can check but when I can I will take screen shots of the options available.

Mike

Thanks everyone for your responses sounds like its all as it should.. best regards Lawrie

I do not have a warning light in the main binnacle but the light switch, the rotary wheel, glows when lights are on.
Thanks everyone for your responses sounds like its all as it should.. best regards Lawrie

I have a MY17 Ocean with the lighting pack. I usually leave the switch on auto and the only light on the dash is for main beam. Today I tried manually switching to dipped beam; you then pull out the switch once for front fogs and again for rear fogs. No indications apart from the switch lighting up (couldn't see a difference on the road welshgas- it was daytime)

Charles

Laurie

Welcome to the forum, any time you will find members willing to help. Any queries, please ask.

Back