Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on 2011 Cali 180

T

Traveller1977

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Bit of advice. We're about to purchase a 2011, 8,800 - 9,200 miles, 180PS, metallic paint, parking sensors, multi-function steering wheel, leather trim, 17" alloys, climatronic, awning (think that's it) for £38,000 from a dealer, does this sound like a good deal, as I think it is, especially considering the numbers that are out there getting snapped up?

Also, any advice on the roof, and re-waterproofing them / do they need it / how to do it?

Many thanks, getting quietly excited !!!!!!!!!!!

When was it registered in 2011? I would want quite a bit of warranty for that price? Also is it manual or DSG?

As for waterproofing roof, this should never need to be done, it could actually do damage by applying anything to it. Just make sure you check it for any rips of holes, also check the roof as it goes up and down several times ( make it drops evenly both sides )

Also make sure one of the doors are open when opening and closing the electric roof to help avoiding any accidents

Thanks. It will come with a 1 year parts and labour warranty and it is a manual. (From a VW dealer) Fair price or shall I wait? I've waited a while and each one gets snapped up. :-(

well going by what I paid (and I was quite pleased) that seems a fair price from a dealer, and a 2011 on would about be out of warranty if bough privately

Well for an almost identical model (I have DSG) with 18k on the clock I paid £34,500 privately so for one out of a vw dealer that sounds about right ;-)

Thanks for the advice. Purchased. (Deposit down at least) Well aware of purchasing at the wrong time of year but it isn't the wrong time of year when we will have soooooo much fun with it and the 2 kids (3yrs and 1yr) any advice for extra storage options appreciated.

Have a question also about the passenger side awning rail. How is this used correctly as there is no sliding door entrance from the van to this awning attachment? And anyone know anywhere selling the side panels for the awning (Other than Brandrup at £175 per panel) ?

Thanks guys for all advice, looking forward to it.

Probably stating the obvious and you probably have it covered, but worth checking with the dealer to make sure you have all the original bits that come with the Cali. Lists are published on this forum.
Nothing worse than taking delivery only to find three months later that there are items missing. Child safety net being the obvious...

Traveller1977 said:
Thanks for the advice. Purchased (Deposit down at least) Well aware of purchasing at the wrong time of year but it isn't the wrong time of year when we will have soooooo much fun with it and the 2 kids (3yrs and 1yr) any advice for extra storage options appreciated.

Have a question also about the passenger side awning rail. How is this used correctly as there is no sliding door entrance from the van to this awning attachment? And anyone know anywhere selling the side panels for the awning (Other than Brandrup at £175 per panel) ?

Thanks guys for all advice, looking forward to it.
company based in Valencia, Spain manufactures camper accessories and they make side panels from DuPont Tyvek material. Side panel zips on as with Brandrup. Link shown here http://www.thaissl.com/camper-toldo-adicional/ best thing is that it's 90 euros (approx £80 and it's still quality material. Looking to buy one this year