Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AdBlue system

jhgf

jhgf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I see that some versions of VW T6 vans come with the AdBlue system to reduce NOX emissions.

Does the T6 California Beach and/or Ocean also use AdBlue? Does it depend on the engine version?

Thanks

Jonathan

PS Our 56 plate Tiguan with a 150PS Euro6 Diesel engine has an AdBlue tank

Any euro6 engine will have the adblue. So far as I'm aware california is euro6 only, transporter is currently mostly euro5 apart from a euro6 102ps option.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Yes it does have AdBlue and probably some of that extra special VW software magic to help it along.

Has there been a discussion here about the practicalities and cost of having Ad Blue?
How often do you fill it up?
What does it cost?
Impact on cost/mile
Where is the filler?
Where do you buy it?
Etc

Good questions.

I have AdBlue on my wifes Audi, I buy my Adblue from Euro Car Parts, its about £17 for 10 litres, you just check it along with your oil, easy peasy

I have AdBlue on my wifes Audi, I buy my Adblue from Euro Car Parts, its about £17 for 10 litres, you just check it along with your oil, easy peasy

How many miles does 10litres last for?

We have used about 20 litres since new, we have done around 15,000 miles

My understanding (based purely on reading on the web) is that mpg (of the diesel) will be improved with AdBlue/Urea systems. Reasoning being that you don't need the EGR (exhaust gas re-circulation) valve & control hence a more efficient combustion. Also no EGR valve reliability issues so could be an overall saving if repair costs taken into account.

The AdBlue filler is below the normal diesel filler, i.e. the filler flap is about twice as tall as that on a T5. I think the top of the flap is at the same level as on a T5 so the extended length is downwards.

Rod

Has there been a discussion here about the practicalities and cost of having Ad Blue?
How often do you fill it up?
What does it cost?
Impact on cost/mile
Where is the filler?
Where do you buy it?
Etc
The VED for the 150ps T6 is £120 compared to the 140ps T5 which I believe is £269 approx plus extra mpg on the T6 means the cost of the ad blue is more than offset.
A dealer has recently posted photos of the ad blue filler location (just below fuel filler) and also provided some more useful info on ad blue.

163 to 182 = £180 to £225 VED.

163 to 182 = £180 to £225 VED.
My mistake, it is £180 for the t6 150ps dsg and not £120. Higher VED for the t5 must only be for the 1st year which then drops for the 2nd year and onwards

My understanding (based purely on reading on the web) is that mpg (of the diesel) will be improved with AdBlue/Urea systems. Reasoning being that you don't need the EGR (exhaust gas re-circulation) valve & control hence a more efficient combustion. Also no EGR valve reliability issues so could be an overall saving if repair costs taken into account.
That is good news indeed if correct :)

Back