Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Absolute must haves on first trip!

A

atyl1972

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hey guys, I am after some knowledge of what to definitely take or buy as a necessity in a camper van as I am hiring one for a week in September up in the Lake District, so any advice would be appreciative, and of course any camps that you know of in that region, that is cheap, have very good facilities and superb views please share here with me. hoping to buy one if we like the trip experience.

We stayed at eskdale campsite in boot on our first trip with our van. It's just been taken over by national trust so might me a tad more expensive but they have reduced the numbers of units staying.

Lots of walks, couple of pubs and the miniature railway nearby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe check what your van comes with - does it have heater, cooking facilities, then you can probably know what things to take

Maybe check what your van comes with - does it have heater, cooking facilities, then you can probably know what things to take

yes it has all that and more, I guess I'm worried about the comfort aspect, as I wouldn't want to ruin the experience so I think I'll take extra duvets to lay on and a topper, it is a vw T6 with all the mod cons. I'm new so don't know what to expect such as, how long I can run things on without a hook up, I've not asked that question yet, what runs on what?

yes it has all that and more, I guess I'm worried about the comfort aspect, as I wouldn't want to ruin the experience so I think I'll take extra duvets to lay on and a topper, it is a vw T6 with all the mod cons. I'm new so don't know what to expect such as, how long I can run things on without a hook up, I've not asked that question yet, what runs on what?
Prob 3 days without hook up on leisure battery.
Take pillows and I love a duvet!

A little patience and a sense of humour
You’ll have a great time

Ask the hire company what it comes with. Normally they supply everything you will need, much more than the base Cali.

Make sure you have a warm duvet, can be cold in the Lakes at any time of the year, especially up top.

We like the Ravenglass site, but it’s not in the heart of the Lakes.

Hey guys, I am after some knowledge of what to definitely take or buy as a necessity in a camper van as I am hiring one for a week in September up in the Lake District, so any advice would be appreciative, and of course any camps that you know of in that region, that is cheap, have very good facilities and superb views please share here with me. hoping to buy one if we like the trip experience.
Bottle of wine to celebrate!

The National Trust site in Great Langdale is in a absolutely spectacular spot. Great walks right from the site. Up to Blea Tarn, or down the Langdale Valley.
Bacon rolls and coffee from the camp shop early morning.
Bus stop close to site entrance with buses going to Ambleside and beyond.
A couple of pubs nearby.
Perfect!