Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About time we said ‘hello’

Philfox3

Philfox3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150

We’ve lurked on the forum for a good few months now and have found the posts/threads incredibly helpful in drawing up the ‘spec’ for our vehicle.

We ordered our van on 8th Nov (phew) from Liverpool van centre and have been very happy with the service so far. We live on the North Wales coast, so come the day, have plans to travel both home and abroad.

We ordered a ‘ Coast’ in ascot grey/candy white, canvas sides pop up roof, wood (effect ?) floor, safe, aluminium awning housing , Devonport wheels, darkened glass in the rear, towbar ( you never know), reversing camera, mud flaps, side bars (square profile), bed extension with prison mattress. and 5 year extended warranty.

We did get carried away (well I did) and ordered a 25m mains ext cable. I’ve hidden it in the garage hoping my wife doesn’t spot it ! Other than saying thank you for the contributions on the website, which for people like us, completely new to the prospect of having a ‘camper’ it’s been brilliant.

Phil, Tess and Chester the dog.

We’ve lurked on the forum for a good few months now and have found the posts/threads incredibly helpful in drawing up the ‘spec’ for our vehicle.

We ordered our van on 8th Nov (phew) from Liverpool van centre and have been very happy with the service so far. We live on the North Wales coast, so come the day, have plans to travel both home and abroad.

We ordered a ‘ Coast’ in ascot grey/candy white, canvas sides pop up roof, wood (effect ?) floor, safe, aluminium awning housing , Devonport wheels, darkened glass in the rear, towbar ( you never know), reversing camera, mud flaps, side bars (square profile), bed extension with prison mattress. and 5 year extended warranty.

We did get carried away (well I did) and ordered a 25m mains ext cable. I’ve hidden it in the garage hoping my wife doesn’t spot it ! Other than saying thank you for the contributions on the website, which for people like us, completely new to the prospect of having a ‘camper’ it’s been brilliant.

Very nice. Welcome :welcome
What's a prison mattress?

Welcome on board Phil, Tess and Chester :thumb

Shhhhh ... hiding the cable is a good way to test the waters to see where you going to hide all the other stuff that you will buy in anticipation ... don't ask for buying advice on here ... else the purchase list will grow longer ;)

What's a prison mattress?

ha ha! either a spelling mistake ... or I guess, hearing all the sad stories of the hard downstairs mattress, Phil has named it the prison mattress? (maybe Phil works/worked in a prison, so more aware :) :thumb )

We’ve no experience of a real prison mattress (you’ll be pleased to know…….. not judging anyone who has either !) but having read what everyone says on the forums here I’d assumed VW had modelled theirs on one !

Oh we have list of things to buy alright (for which the members here can share a large portion of the blame if we end up penniless and ultimately homeless) having promised that we’d wait until we’d ‘tried things out’. I put the mains electric cable down as essential ( hopefully I can sneak it into a draw when we go and collect the vehicle) otherwise I’m stuffed !

Oh we have list of things to buy alright (for which the members here can share a large portion of the blame if we end up penniless and ultimately homeless) having promised that we’d wait until we’d ‘tried things out’. I put the mains electric cable down as essential ( hopefully I can sneak it into a draw when we go and collect the vehicle) otherwise I’m stuffed !
You’ll not end up homeless, that’s what a Cali’s for !
:welcome

Welcome and enjoy the forum. Don't know if that is your post code but would advise to remove as it pinpoints an accurate area for thieves.

Thanks ‘Digger’ for the postcode advice. We’re grateful

Back