Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A new member from Essex

T

Terry Ibrahim

VIP Member
Hi all, we have just ordered our very first California. We live in Leigh on Sea, Essex and I am a keen kite surfer and member of Essex Kitesurf Club. I can't wait to get delivery of our van in three weeks time. We bought an off-the-shelf model 180 DSG, 3 zone air conditioning with drivers pack and campers pack with a fifth seat, safe, blue tooth & DAB radio. I would have loved to have leather seats but we may convert later on. Hard to decide on the colour but we went with grey in the end. Any advice on accessories would be welcome. :p

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum :hello

Don't forget to check your VIP discount list before you buy anything.

Thanks Martin, :thanks we have a blank canvas, I am reading
Lots of recommendations here. Looking forward to spend spend spend.
Maybe gas and kettle first.

Hi terry don't forget the teabags :thumb

Calikev said:
Hi terry don't forget the teabags :thumb

LOL, that would be disaster. thanks for welcome Cali4nia.
looking in to awning side panels this morning. Is there a cheeper option?

Hi Terrey

Welcome to the club :D

I'm not to far from you
Come from RomfoRd
Had my van since April.180 DSG(natural grey) still learning! and loving it.

You might want to check out a couple of boot sales for a 907 gas bottle
I bought one almost full in good condition for £7.00 thought that was a bargain.

Good luck

Alan

welcome fella and nice to see another southeast cali being delivered soon :thumb ....
i wouldn't say it's an off the shelf spec :lol: :bananadance

we may have enough in the southeast soon for a little regional meet :cool: :cool: :bananadance

choplee said:
welcome fella and nice to see another southeast cali being delivered soon :thumb ....

we may have enough in the southeast soon for a little regional meet :cool: :cool: :bananadance

If you were going to wear your lounge pants Lee - I'd come back for that :)

James

choplee said:

Thanks for that Alan, I might call up on you if i need any help.
Thanks Choplee i guess you are close to me as well, Great idea to start meeting and getting to know some faces :thumb

no worries terry ...winter isn't quite as busy as you can imagine ,so a regional meet-up is definitely on the cards :thumb :thumb

ps....james custard you are a devon boy now sorry you'll be missing the lounge pants & welly combo .... :sad .... :upsidedown

Hi Terry
I'm also a new member from Leigh on sea so will be great to have another very local Cali owner. Mines a natural grey as well but a 140 DSG I'm very happy with it but unfortunately have had to leave it to travel USA for a while, however will be back in April to drive her down through Europe. Have fun and I'm sure we'll meet up and some point.
Regards Simon :thumb

cayman57 said:
Hi Terry
I'm also a new member from Leigh on sea so will be great to have another very local Cali owner. Mines a natural grey as well but a 140 DSG I'm very happy with it but unfortunately have had to leave it to travel USA for a while, however will be back in April to drive her down through Europe. Have fun and I'm sure we'll meet up and some point.
Regards Simon :thumb

Hi Simon,
Wow, :clap that's good, we could be down the road from each other. :cool
Hope you having a good time in USA.
Looking forward to meeting you next year. Take care.
Terry.

Back