Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th Seat............VW Office Chair 2.0

C

culprit

VIP Member
Had a few hours on my hands the other evening.....what is it that is said about idle hands?!

I needed a new office chair.......I had the 5th seat out of the Cali sat taking up space....BOOM!

1m of aluminium angle cut into 500mm lengths later we we have the first VW Office chair, this is though version 2.0......version 1 was made completely from wood with castors not up to the job, this ended badly, v e r y badly.....let's just say v1 was 'proof of concept'

DSC_2873_zpse0c42f25.jpg

The castors are B&Q non marking 50mm....£36 for the four, the angle forms a perfect lip against the 2x4 so no lateral movement and some liberal use of HD cable ties prevent fore and aft shifting. When I need it for the van I just wheel it out, cut the ties and load it up :thumb

The handy thing is that if a work conference call gets a little hairy or I take an impromptu call from the Mrs mid way through the day, I can just put the seatbelt on and ride out the storm.
:bananadance

Happy Friday People

:smile

Good use of tie wraps.

Both my front mudflaps and my rear bumper are held on with them, but this tops both those.

Awsome - I don't need another Office Chair - but I am still going to do this :)

When you start marketing this to the world remeber that it also doubles as an Office table when folded up :cool

I think you need to create a "How To" for the VIP section :D

Tony

Thinking some kind of motor could be fitted in that base, space for liberated leisure batteries to power the motor and you could be mobile about the place.

Great idea though I could see it being great for using the chair and making a conversation piece rather than a lump taking space, when unused, in the garage.

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk

Andy80F said:
Thinking some kind of motor could be fitted in that base, space for liberated leisure batteries to power the motor and you could be mobile about the place.

Great idea though I could see it being great for using the chair and making a conversation piece rather than a lump taking space, when unused, in the garage.

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk

This could go too far :laugh2

Davros_Wisher.png

Off to the garage to start on v2.1

Will start formulating a solution design document based on feedback - I wouldn't dream of simply emptying spare parts bins and hacking away with grinders, hammers and drills

:smile

Culprit you have far too much spare time !! But I like the way you think !

Back